Folks, please refresh my mind ( Cloud IBox 2+)

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 553 times. The last Post () by Koquino.

• Hello Linux guys,

My first post here. I have an old Cloud Ibox 2+, which I still like a lot. It was last updated in 2014 and runs on HDF 4.0 with Kernel 3.6.0. I remember vaguely there was some polemic about a new bootloader not working properly, so I decided not to touch a running system and just use it as long as possible without update. It has now accumulated an amount of issues that suggest an install from scratch.

I can't however find any firmware that uses still the old folder structure ("xpeedlx), so I guess I have to use the new bootloader, but no idea how to get there. I have basic Linux understanding, but far from being a guru. Tnx for your suggestions.

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

originally the first images were indeed patched xpeedlx images on the 550mhz bootloader

There was an upgrade to 750mhz bootloader and then original (unpatched) mbmini images could be used

The problem comes about when flashing the wrong bootloader / images to the box

It has been a very long time since i used the box (it is in a draw somewhere) but all the info and files should be on the forum

• Thank you both. I tried the beyonwiz image, but it does not load beyond splash screen.

Also, I checked, my bootloader is already at 750 Mhz, I have probably updated it at some point. It works however only with xpeedlx images.

I don't want to brick the box, unless I find a bootloader (from a reliable source) that allows me to load newer images, I'll leave it as it is.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!