DEB and IPK files

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,272 times. The last Post () by urie.

• HI,

I have Dreambox 525 and I got IPTV subscription on DreamXtream plugin (works on DreamOS only)

How can I install deb file on an enigma system such as Open ATV?

Or

Is there a way to change deb file to ipk ?

• seagen

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

You don't use a DreamOS based image so .deb files can't be installed.

For your Image you should install the .ipk file instead if it's available

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thank you for your reply,

let me clear it. I want to use an image that works with IPK files such as open ATV image. I got this receiver with an IPTV subscription on it. that one works on DEB files only (DreamXtream) plugin.

So I want to find a way to install DreamXtram.DEB into non-DreamOS software.

or what is a similar plugin?

Edited once, last by ayman313 ().

• Official Post

The simple answer is that it will break your box if you do that. There is a reason why there is just a .deb file and not an .ipk

So users of non supported images want end up with a broken box.

But if you want to try and now how to get out of it if and when your box stops working.

Then use 7zip on your PC and you can extract the .deb file and transfer the DreamXstream folder to your box with ftp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!