Maybe it's Time for a New STB

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,489 times. The last Post () by keith0509.

• Hi guys,

I currently have a Vu+ Solo4k and it has served me very well over the years but I am now looking to replace it with something that runs quicker.

I would be looking for the new STB to have at least the same Twin Sat tuners in it but I also want it to be able to handle IPTV flawlessly with options of apps/plugins to use to watch the IPTV.

I would also require that the new STB could house a SSD internally.

Oh and finally it must be capable of running a VIX image

I would be grateful for any suggestions

• I have a VU Ultima 4K, a VU Duo2 and a Zgemma 7. The Ultimo is the best build quality but the ZGemma at a fraction of the price runs much faster and has the option of inbuilt multiboot so you can try different images. My Zgemma has an internal hard drive and stores my hundreds of music albums and lots of downloaded movies. It runs IPTV flawlessly.

• Official Post

Well let's start with flawless IPTV ;) That is impossible the service will never be better then waht the provider offers.

But android is more stable then enigma2 when it comes to IPTV.

Your Solo4K is still a very good STB plent of power and good support from the VIX Team if that is you nr 1 image of choice.

Yoy have plugin OpenMultiboot you can use to test other images instead of flashing them all the time.

If you want to replace or maybe even better add a new reciver you might want to test dual recivers that can run both Enigma2 and Android

But please checkout our forum sponsor they have good offers and very good customer support that can help you to deside what is best for you :)

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thanks for the responses guys.

Which are the better dual receivers (Enigma2 and Android) and if they only have 1 x DVB-S2x (sat tuner) can you still record while watching another station?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!