need help with oscam

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,018 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• hi all im trying to setup a server on a laptop for family to share my *** card i have downloaded oscam but need help can any tell me wot i need to do next keeps saying but config file here but how do i start oscam to configer the file and do i need to download csp thanks

• Maza,

It would help if we knew a bit more info mate!

What Linux OS are you using (Ubuntu, Debian)

What card reader have you got (Smargo, Omnikey)

Did you run an auto install script from the forum?

You can access oscam via webif using the static ip address you have chosen and your port number assigned in config files!

e.g 192.1.1.1.1:8888 (8888 being the default settting for all/most scripts)

The more info we have the easier we can help mate!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• hi mrgmx im using ubuntu 10.04 with omnikey card readers have downloaded the drivers for readers but don`t no wot todo next in the forums its saying added ur config files but not sure how as oscam won`t start up some have said to download csp

• Have you downloaded and ran the OscamCccam install script also?

See post below as all bits in there should get your oscam and Cccam up and running!

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-installation-ubuntu.html

Read through the pages for any problems you may encounter

Have a look at this thread also

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…6-oscam-cccam-server.html

You will find a link in there for your configs depending on the card you wish to read

You can start oscam in terminal window by

cd to the folder that oscam is in. usually /usr/local/bin
    then type ./oscam -b

Few Linux commands you many use

ls (lists directory your in)
    cd /directory (located to directories using cd/ ) go back cd ..
    nano (using this will open the file with basic editor

cp /tmp/thisfile.txt /newdirectory (cp copies files make sure you enter folder format for current and new areas)

Have a look here for info on Oscam

http://linuxsat-support.com/view.php?pg=oscamwiki

lssdalogo.png

• Official Post

The configs you need are HERE - How to : Oscam Server or Cardreader with CCcam2.1.3 S*Y UK, FTP them to /usr/local/etc.

In oscam.server change the protocol and device for omnikey.

Code
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0

Here are some useful commands for controlling your server;

Start oscam : sudo oscam -b

Stop oscam : sudo killall -9 oscam

Log file : tail -f /var/log/oscam.log

Edit oscam.server : sudo pico /usr/local/etc/oscam.server

Edit oscam.user : sudo pico /usr/local/etc/oscam.user

Edit oscam.conf : sudo pico /usr/local/etc/oscam.conf

Start CCcam
    : sudo pico /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

Stop CCcam : sudo killall -9 CCcam

Shutdown : sudo shutdown -h now

Reboot : sudo reboot

• hi there im trying toput my configer files into /usr/local/etc and i keep getting this message root@ubuntu:/usr/local/bin/oscam-svn/build_dir# /usr/local/etc
    -bash: /usr/local/etc: is a directory can some1 tell me where im going wrong thanks

• As root,

cp /folder1/folder2/folder3/filename.txt /newfolder1/newfolder2/newfolder3/

That will put filename.txt into newfolder3 folder

Change as you need just keep the folder hieracy and exact file formet (UPPERlowercase and extension .txt)

Should be as simple as making a cake

lssdalogo.png

• hi mrgmx sorry for this but im a complete newbie to this iv tried wot u said but getting this message root@ubuntu:~# cp /folder1/folder2/folder3/filename.txt /newfolder1/newfolder2/newfolder3/
    cp: cannot stat `/folder1/folder2/folder3/filename.txt': No such file or directory

Change as you need just keep the folder hieracy and exact file formet (UPPERlowercase and extension .txt)

maza i think you missed the point that mrgmx was not being literal with the folder and filenames - as above - change as you need - so change /folder1/folder2/folder3/filename.txt to the path and filename you are copying - and then the path you are copying to

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Which ftp program are you using ? i had similar problems when trying to use Filezilla as root ?
    I found you have to login with user name and pass not root with filezilla !
    Alternative is in CS studio and use winscp ! You can log in as root that way !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!