Using wifi to make my own wan

• I don't actually mean wan, its perhaps closer to a long rang lan or can (a term that has seemingly disappeared when talking about networking)

I intend to make my own wifi vpn for me and my friends to be able to exchange/share files for gaming and such, the distance is probably about a mile to a mile and a half, i read somewhere that it is possible to send data using the old analogue frequencies and Ariel (its also possible using a sat or so i read, but you need to be a lot more accurate, with using an old sat dish). If I was to explore this as an option, what would be needed to transmit and receive the data over and above the usual router/modem...

obviously the frequency will have to be pre agreed between us, but other than that im not so sure how to go about this.

If anyone can point me in right direction id be grateful.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!