Want to know more then just copy and pasting files into oscam.server file.

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,095 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• I got a vu+ and use openpli 8.1 image where I downloaded the oscam plugin and copied and paste my oscam converted cccam line into the oscam. server file and it works. Well more or less.

I am reading here and now I wonder do I need to change anything from the other files - config, dvbapi, provid, srvid and user - also?

Sometimes we have on some channels picture freezes and only with changing channel back and fort it will run again and so I try to learn why and how I could solve this.

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

I am reading here and now I wonder do I need to change anything from the other files - config, dvbapi, provid, srvid and user - also?

A basic configuration is best when you are using a cccam line/remote reader.

Unless you see specific errors in the oscam log you won`t need to alter any of the other oscam files.

Sometimes we have on some channels picture freezes and only with changing channel back and fort it will run again and so I try to learn why and how I could solve this.

Show us how you have configured the reader in oscam.server.

• Deleted some info, hope this is correct like this.

[reader]

label=*******

enable=1

protocol=cccam

device=*******

user=*******

password=*******

cccversion=2.1.2

group=1

inactivitytimeout=1

reconnecttimeout=30

lb_weight=100

cccmaxhops=10

ccckeepalive=1

cccwantemu=0

• Official Post

Remove these values:

Code
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0

inactivitytimout=1 could be the reason why there is a channel freeze/lag.

Add keepalive=1 to keep your cccam line active at all times to prevent lag, slow opening of channels.

• if you want the full wiki :hypnotised:
    https://wiki.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en/Config/oscam.server

cccversion=2.3.2

and if using more than one 3rd party source,

try to use ones that all have the same cccam version.

I am actually writing another free cline plugin at the moment.

Different servers protocol cccam versions can cause pixelation/glitching for me every 5 or 6 seconds.
    Same cccam versions, then all smooth.

I am no expert at cams, but this is my oscam.server entries that are smooth for me

[reader]

label = domain.xyz

protocol = cccam

device = domain.xyz, port

user = user

password = password

fallback = 1

group = 1

cccversion = 2.3.2

ccckeepalive = 1

disablecrccws_only_for = 0500:030B00,050F00;098C:000000;09C4:000000

audisabled = 1

and my oscan.conf

[cccam]

port = 12000

version = 2.3.2

[dvbapi]

enabled = 1

au = 1

user = dvbapi

[webif]

httpport = 83

httphelplang = en

httprefresh = 10

httppollrefresh = 10

httpallowed = 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255

httphideidleclients = 0

[streamrelay]

stream_relay_enabled = 0

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Remove these values:

Code
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0

inactivitytimout=1 could be the reason why there is a channel freeze/lag.

Add keepalive=1 to keep your cccam line active at all times to prevent lag, slow opening of channels.

master G
    educate me, why have you suggested keepalive = 1 rather than ccckeepalive = 1

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

educate me, why have you suggested keepalive = 1 rather than ccckeepalive = 1

If you knew it was a direct oscam to oscam share using the cccam protocol then ccckeepalive would be the thing to use, but servers with multics and other protocols masking as cccam don`t always perform as expected.

keepalive value keeps all protocols active where ccckeepalive only keeps cccam active.

• I am actually writing another free cline plugin at the moment.

Why do you have - disablecrccws_only_for - in your reader? By me it shows up in the oscam.conf file.

[global]

disablelog = 1

disableuserfile = 1

usrfileflag = 0

maxlogsize = 10

preferlocalcards = 1

saveinithistory = 1

lb_mode = 0

unlock_parental = 1

disablecrccws_only_for = 098C:000000;09C4:000000;098D:000000

[cs378x]

port = 12005

[webif]

httpport = 8081

httpallowed = 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255,172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255,127.0.0.1

[dvbapi]

enabled = 1

pmt_mode = 6

au = 1

user = dvbapiau

boxtype = dreambox

And in the oscam.dvbapi file:

File does not exist or no file selected!

M: 1817 0100:00006A

I try to read the wiki but I dont understand a lot of it yet so I probably will ask stupid questions but I always think better ask then not :)

• Official Post

Why do you have - disablecrccws_only_for - in your reader? By me it shows up in the oscam.conf file.

Any values in the [global] section will affect all readers.

If you have an individual reader that you want to apply a certain value to it should be added to the reader, not in the [global] section.

File does not exist or no file selected!

M: 1817 0100:00006A

M: is for mapping a CAID to a provider ID. In this case its for Canal Digitaal Holland on 23.5 East. If you don`t view this package the entry isn`t required.

• So mapping a CAID provider ID will improve stability? Is there is full list of these? Yes we view this package and we view Spain on 19.2 so should I add the CAID provider ID from Spain?

Will change the - disablecrccws_only_for - to the readers see if there is any difference.

• Official Post

So mapping a CAID provider ID will improve stability? Is there is full list of these?

Providers have multiple ID`s and CAIDS, old and new cards. Its not necessarily about stability, but prioritizing/mapping which cards your server is providing.

There isn`t a full mapping list. It`s not something that`s required for most providers and should only be used if you are having viewing problems.

Study the oscam log while viewing channels, if you see an error it will provide the CAID and ID that you can use to map, prioritize or ignore.

A basic configuration is always best and no amount of tweaking will fix a bad server.

• So mapping a CAID provider ID will improve stability? Is there is full list of these?

A basic configuration is always best and no amount of tweaking will fix a bad server.

yes you are right. I been testing with different servers between my 2 receivers between cccam and oscam and different servers. Looks like my server is falling but finding a good server is difficult.

• This thread could be a great help to me and no doubt others. I am moving from cccam230 and advised to use Oscam but I always liked the KISS principle and Oscam is not so simple. I converted cccam to oscam as some channels on 13 east wont open but even with oscam still tricky. Told to update Oscam to latest version!! I did that I think and now Oscam will stop after an interval. I have a motorised dish so can go where it works best and even go back to cccam. I did a bit of reading and was told to add something called services and in global tick a box.

How do I update to latest version as of today? Its a DUO2 box with open vix image? Wil it overwrite my conf user and server details?

Is it a case that it is the server should have all the caid's etc and not the client?

b

• Official Post

How do I update to latest version as of today? Its a DUO2 box with open vix image? Wil it overwrite my conf user and server details?

The version provided in the openvix feeds will be tested and stable. This version won`t overwrite your configs. If you find viewing is still unstable it will be a server problem.

Latest oscam can be found here ~ Latest OscamEmu For ALL Images Mips Arm Sh4 IPK & DEB - DOWNLOAD ONLY NO CHAT This version comes with configs provided, so backup your old configs first before installing.

Is it a case that it is the server should have all the caid's etc and not the client?

Correct, a good server will filter what it can and can`t provide.

As a client you can only connect with the credentials provided. All other values dictated by the server cannot be changed or improved.

oscam.services can be added to allow or block bad channels. This can be a cumbersome task that will require you to view the oscam log and filter every channel.

• Thank you, it might be brief but you answered a lot of questions. I had an idea I was on the right lines. For some reason I am being kicked off one server and apparently it appears I am sharing!! This is not true, see above!! I do however use 2 boxes and sometimes forget to turn off oscam on one not in use but server stops anyway. I thought no big deal. I have loads of stuff connected and other boxes like a duo2 and et 10000. I linked them as I can move files about, say strictly was missed on one box. Can these be detected by a server? And can zapping cause a conflict?

And what is the purpose of the line anonymous -- protocol dvbapi? In the status log and live log.

• Official Post

I linked them as I can move files about, say strictly was missed on one box. Can these be detected by a server? And can zapping cause a conflict?

Sharing files between receivers and channel zapping cannot be detected by a server. The only way a server could detect anything is if you tried to reshare the same line to other receivers on the same network, which would look like a double login or an increased amount of ECM usage compared to normal.

And what is the purpose of the line anonymous -- protocol dvbapi? In the status log and live log.

You`ll need to show us the log and explain which type of problems are occurring during that moment.

• Its just gone again, here is a little bit I have to edit out a few bits, and i've forgotten how to do it with marker!! If I have left anything in delete.

2021/12/15 18:25:52 212AFA06 c (dvbapi) ERROR: ioctl(CA_GET_DESCR_INFO): Invalid argument

2021/12/15 18:25:52 1B465169 p (reader) resolved ip= xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2021/12/15 18:25:52 1B465169 p (reader) gbxx [cccam] xxxxxxxx connecting to 2021/12/15 18:25:52 1B465169 p (net) Setting IPV6_TCLASS failed, errno=92, Protocol not available

2021/12/15 18:25:52 1B465169 p (reader) gbxx[cccam] proxy initialized, server 2021/12/15 18:25:57 212AFA06 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 ecmpid 0 CAID: 0B00 ECM_PID: 1BC1 PROVID: 000000

2021/12/15 18:25:57 212AFA06 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 found 1 ECM pids and 3 STREAM pids in CA PMT

2021/12/15 18:25:57 212AFA06 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 no suitable readers found that can be used for decoding!

2021/12/15 18:26:01 212AFA06 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 no enabled matching ecmpids -> decoding is waiting for matching readers!

And it went off while I was called away grrr.

Using an AXHD61 with openatv 6.4 and oscam oscam-1.20_svn-r11581. I was on canal 13e getiing ready for the footie and that's when it went last week!!

I have 2 users in user ie

[account]

user = gbmitiesupport

description = dvbapi

caid = 0963

group = 1

[account]

user = dvapi

description = dvbapi

caid = 0963

group = 1

I had them turned off anyway and I have forgotten why I put them there!! I did have an eir sport card

I think the other end are just switching me off so I'll just give up on it. Unless you can spot an error caused by me, this oscam worked fine with another server. I am more than intrigued than anything else now.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!