Can't get Diseqc to work

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,201 times. The last Post () by georgeflu.

• Hello Sat guys.

I have changed my STB after more than 10 years with Amiko Alien and Alien2+ with this new Octagon SF8008 4K.

Well all OK nice box and all. Got all to work pretty easy, Oscam and so on.

So now i was happy to add Astra and Thor to the working Hotbird. But here my problem starts!! I can't get it to find ANYTHING but Hotbird. My Diseqc 2.0 works on Amiko box. I have tried to install new 1.0. 4/1 switch but same story. In the setup menu it see only hotbird on port A. With port B, C and D left on auto, nothing it detected. I have done a factory reset too. But no luck!!!

• hi again

Yes infact here' some more info.

I have 3 discs all set. No motor or positioning.

So it should piece of cake really. 1 diseqc 4/1 usung A-hotbird C-astra19.2 abd D-Thor 0.8.

All works with Amiko so LNB and Diseqc hw is good. I am familiar with Enigma hence staying in Spark during the years with Amiko because more lite for the limited perfomance (another story) Remember the more detailed menus ecc.

It's like if no other satellite than Hotbird exist!

I can't select anything else in any setup page. That is both for simple or advanced! I'am just thinking if any .xml has gone rotten so the box don't know any other sat than Hotbird. Would it be usefull to try cable astra onto port A of Diseqc sw and see if it gets detected correctly?

Bye for now

• Official Post

that is possible, install a channel list and update your sat.xml

See if that helps, if not will have to look deeper

• hello Sat friends

Yeap that did it. My satellites.xml was terribly empty !!! Just only and lonely hotbird was in there. (must have felt lonely!!)

Don't have a clue how that had happened. The box was brand new 1 day old !!

Now i could choose any given satellite on each diseqc port, then a blind scan and back to life.

Thanks for getting me on track. I didn't consider this issue before the end since the box was new. Guess anything isn't never obvious. Thanks again. Bye Mike

• it does not matter if the box is new or old... in a new box, you could load another image/software...

a reason could be...a ready "backup image" that you loaded in the receiver, or a ready channel list , which had only hotbird channels.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!