Saved audio recording (file) good quality on STi tuners

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 302 times. The last Post () by Alamar.

• Hello.

I had used for 10 years Octagon 1028p (fortis, sh4, i think STi7100 chipset) but it just crashed..

But following this i need to find what made so great audio recording (in video files) quality/sound like i had it with this set box, wanted to contact Audioniek but it is impossible as I found him only on hdmedia-universe forum where it is impossible to register because verification graphic is not showing and in github where i also don't know how to contact him. He might be the best person to answer my questions about recorded audio/video quality as he have a mass of sh4 boxes and audio is his hobby.

On a new box (Hi3798MV200) on enigma2 openatv 6.4 rec audio in file (watched on pc for example) is terrible in comparision (files in players info parametrs for both have the same formats/codecs but sound is much different, everyone would notice it in seconds). before i didn't even knew set boxes record files with audio in a different way because i didn't had experience with this and some person adviced me wrong, don't want to resign from this great sound my octagon gave..

I also wonder is this audio/video quality related to octasoft original firmware those Octagon 1028p recieviers have and to what degree, how it is with

enigma2, i heard that on enigma2 on pkt software at least display image quality was worse then on octasoft, how about audio? Or maybe any set

box with STi7100 inside would give such audio? What about other STi are they same good? Is there any possiblity for new devices with same quality of audio/video?

Thanks in advance

PS - Not sure what section for my patricular problem is most correct.

Edited 2 times, last by Alamar ().

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

of all the boxes i have had over the years the amiko alien 2 (sh4 STI chipset) had by far the best picture / sound quality , especially with SD channels.

I have always understood that to be due to the chipset itself

Mips and arm based boxes are about the same quality ( both less than Sti though)

And the Hisilicon chipsets are the worst of them all. (but i have seen vast improvements over the years with driver updates)

This is just my opinion on the matter

• Thanks for your reply.

It is still confusing for me, (i don't have much exp, used one 1028p setbox for a long time) because this new box with much poorer sound is Hi3798MV200 but in panel info it shows cpu: ARMv7 so i don't know how it should be qualified in this case (i guess Hisilicon chipset with cpu ARMv7..). And some people (on local forum) before were saying that Hisilicon has better pic quality in compare to Broadcom but everyone always agree that Fortis by far has the best pic quality and scaling. But nobody discusses sound quality.

Edit: I forgot to say I use rca cables to connect to hifi, never used optical, maybe on optical they are all the same but on rca (i have pc connected by rca and setbox too) the difference is huge.

Edited 3 times, last by Alamar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!