BBC Red Button

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 638 times. The last Post () by naszdom.

• In the Liveonsat listings they are showing a BBC HD Red Button frequency. Googling it confirms the BBC have used 12.422 H, 27.500, 2/3, DVB-S, QPSK for the World Cup and Wimbledon. However I cannot find anything on this frequency and it does not appear in my satellite.xml. Doing a blind scan I can find 12383 and 12442 but nothing in between.

I believe the HD frequency is probably something historical and Liveonsat just have not updated their data base. Does anyone know if there is a BBC Red Button frequency and if it is 12.422 any idea on why I cannot get it on my Zgemma H7 OpenATV 6.4.2 image.

I do have the SD Red Button

def329e61540a1caf49a77bf.jpg

• You are right, that was one of 7 special channels (BBC RB 1-6 used to be on the same transponder) added to cover simultaneous games during the big events.

They were indeed all on 12421H, I still have them in my channel list but they are not active at the moment.

I would like to see a permanent upgrade to HD for BBC RB though I only use BBC RB to watch snooker as the normal schedule is mostly the same.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!