CCCAM to OSCAM convertor - only produces Oscam.Sever file

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,276 times. The last Post () by ALIEN1X.

• Official Post

The first reader is missing enable=1. This reader will be disabled without that value.

I do not know how to do that?

Type the ip address of your receiver into a browser to access openwebif plugin.

Extras.

oscam webinterface.

You will be able to see if the readers are connected to the server, also look in the Live log for any errors.

• Hi.

No converter is required if you use a converter. This converter can, on the other hand, send your private data (name and password) somewhere on the internet. So avoid such bullshits. Just use common sense and this conversion table (C-Line data to "oscam.server"): How to setup Oscam.server on H 7 C box

If that doesn't work, you probably need 2 more configuration files for Oscam in addition to the "oscam.server", i.e. files "oscam.conf" and "oscam.user". In attachments (see below) is the basic configuration for Oscam (you need to edit this config, according to your needs). If you want to use C-Line in Oscam, simply add another reader (for Cccam connection) to the "oscam.server" file.

//// EDIT :

Sorry, I forgot to add an example for an external cccam reader to the "oscam.server" file. By the way, you should get this information from your provider. Personally, I do not use Oscam as a client to connect to the Cccam server. The Cccam client is better than the Oscam client. I prefer "cccam-2.3.0-mipsel" to softcam client. However, this is a problem for the ARM architecture, so if you use a set-top box with an ARM chipset, it's more complicated there. However, I am talking about specific problems with IRDETO encoding. there is only a special version of Cccam for the ARM processor, but there is no specific Cccam v2.3.0 that is probably the most stable for IRDETO encoding.

• I will look at that when I get a chance and let you know the outcome

• I always thought oscam was better ,secure and stable then cccam, plus when i upgrade to VU+ they cant use cccam?

what I cant understand is why cangt provider provide all the files for oscam ratehr then uisng a conversion table?

• Official Post

plus when i upgrade to VU+ they cant use cccam?

CCcam works just fine on Vu+ receivers ~ CCCAM 2.3.8 for ARM and MIPS CPU

what I cant understand is why cangt provider provide all the files for oscam ratehr then uisng a conversion table?

The providers reader is disabled. Add enable = 1 to that reader.

• plus when i upgrade to VU+ they cant use cccam?

CCcam works just fine on Vu+ receivers ~ CCCAM 2.3.8 for ARM and MIPS CPU

The providers reader is disabled. Add enable = 1 to that read

I added enable = 1 to providers oscam.server file still dose not work in terms of openning certain channels, looked at live logs on the reciever there was nothing there, went into web inif - oscam interface it was unable to connect?

• ok got it working by adding enable 1 I had to use a new oscam file from provider.

Do I still have to use the other 3 files same as before if the provider only supplies oscam.server file?

• ok got it working by adding enable 1 I had to use a new oscam file from provider.

Do I still have to use the other 3 files same as before if the provider only supplies oscam.server file?

Hi.

Without the "oscam.conf" file, Oscam probably won't even run. This is the basic configuration file for Oscam. If it doesn't exist, Oscam should guess it automatically. I don't remember that, sorry.

Fo sure... you should definitely have these 3 files mentioned above, which I mentioned above and also attached as an attachment in the zip-archive. In my opinion, not only the file "oscam.server" is enough.

The cause of Oscam's malfunction may be elsewhere. Have you wondered if it is possible to connect Oscam-Webif ? Try it through any web browser on your PC, on your LAN. Simply connect by entering the IP address of your set-top-box and the default port for Oscam-Webif, such as... for example:

http://192.168.0.147:8888

If you can connect, try to find out which configuration directory for Oscam is used in your Oscam:

OscamWebif > MENU Files > and check the line with a text "ConfigDir:" there

• Thanyou for the clarification, i now understand that all the other files are required as per your zip files in addiion to providers oscam.server file

I will also try oscam webinif again as first time round it would not connect to the previous oscam file. Now that i have a new woking oscam file I will try again to check the configDir

Please note these are 48hr test files that im experimenting with by the provider before i decide to take up any form of service

• The default port for Oscam is 8888, but in some cases, if the "oscam.conf" configuration file is already stored in the set-top-box when Oscam IPK is installed, sometimes the oscam-webif port may be modified (for example, to port number 83). Then you can find out the location of the file, simply by searching it in the file system, via the Linux Shell:

find / -name 'oscam.conf'

And to display the content, also in the Linux Shell, you use the command:

cat /path-found/oscam.conf

There probably will be the changed oscam-webif port... so then... to check this port, use the following command (in Linux Shell):

cat /path-found/oscam.conf | grep -i 'httpport'

• I will look into it, I'm still very much learning all this

Edited once, last by ALIEN1X: typo ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!