EPG Import mod from Dorik1972 Support Thread

There are 442 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 53,896 times. The last Post () by jazzyman.

• Basically it tells you that it can't download and install python-lzma so you should download it from Openpli feeds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit by Seagen... please only English language here @ghostseven

OK, you're right, I get confused sometimes. :winking face:

• Hi pepsik

Please update the Rytec source file.

After installing your EPG Import mod in the /etc/epgimport directory, we get the file rytec.sources.xml Version: 19-03-2021

The latest release of rytec.sources.xml is Version: 11-02-2023

GitHub - doglover3920/EPGimport-Sources
    Contribute to doglover3920/EPGimport-Sources development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

OCTAGON SF8008, OATV 7.3, OPLI 9, Black Harmony

• Please update the Rytec source file.

Most likely, it would be more correct to remove these files from the build and make small changes in the installation package scripts to get data from the link you specified when installing the plugin ... Thus, the rytec source data file will always be fresh after installing the plugin

• Sorry for later reply. Polish EPG now it works with new updated source. Thank you.

• EPGimport.py have a problem for me.. atv 7.2 and dinobot 4k mini

from . import log, isDreamOS

builtins.ImportError: cannot import name 'isDreamOS' from 'Plugins.Extensions.EPGImport' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/__init__.pyc)

isDreamOS are in __init__.py file

regards

• EPGimport.py have a problem for me..

Do you understand what you are doing? If you just took and "pulled" this file out of the mod, then yes - you will have a problem ... Because there is a such line in __init__.py in my mod...

Code
    isDreamOS = path.isdir(eEnv.resolve("${sysconfdir}/dpkg")) 

These are absolutely correct lines in the code! This is by no means a mistake.

Python

I assume that you just decided to take the sources from the mod and "throw" them into some code or plugin of your own ... but you do not fully understand how to do this

• EPGimport.py have a problem for me..

Do you understand what you are doing? If you just took and "pulled" this file out of the mod, then yes - you will have a problem ... Because there is a such line in __init__.py in my mod...

Code
    isDreamOS = path.isdir(eEnv.resolve("${sysconfdir}/dpkg")) 

These are absolutely correct lines in the code! This is by no means a mistake.

Python

I assume that you just decided to take the sources from the mod and "throw" them into some kind of howl code or plugin ... but you don't fully understand how to do it

see I didn't offend you.

i just described my problem and solved it in my box

But you have a long tongue and you immediately get upset.

I am sorry for this and I also apologize if I have offended your wisdom

Do not take even a minute away from the affection of those who love you: you would not have time to recover it!

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• But you have a long tongue and you immediately get upset.

Where? When? I described the campaign and gave a more than detailed answer to your actions that caused this error ... The fact is that the value of "isDreamOS" is later used in the code and simply ignoring the import of this "variable" does not solve the problem, but only exacerbates it

• you certainly don't deserve another answer from me, so I'll leave you to your alter ego, take a good look at yourself and try to moderate yourself when you talk to other people.

I didn't say you're a "jerk" I just said that there's an error in debugging: now if you want to correct it, go ahead otherwise I don't need your changes ;)
    Regardssssssssss

• now if you want to correct it,

There are NO errors in this place in the EPGImport.py code. I have nothing to fix... If you claim otherwise, then provide a log of the error ... No need to engage in "philosophy" about the "alter ego" ... No "log file" - no error !... Everything else is the lyrics ... unsubstantiated "fantasy"

Thanks for understanding .... Regardssssssssss

• EPGimport.py have a problem for me.. atv 7.2 and dinobot 4k mini

builtins.ImportError: cannot import name 'isDreamOS' from 'Plugins.Extensions.EPGImport' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/__init__.pyc)

maybe you didn't read well here

this is the error

it is you do not follow, and always take the opportunity to offend.

do as you please anyway.

Do not take even a minute away from the affection of those who love you: you would not have time to recover it!

Have a Good Trip

GOOD VPN

DMU

logo_corvo.png

• maybe you didn't read well here

Let's go back to the beginning...

1) This topic is about EPGImport MOD (mod - keyword) ... As a result, we move on to the next item 2).

Снимок экрана 2023-04-01 в 20.00.24.png

2) This MOD is distributed and available in python sources (py) ... This suggests that any errors that occur in it will issue a traceback in the log indicating the line number and content of the error. But not in any way

Code

Based on the foregoing, I can assume that you either made a mistake with the topic or somehow managed to "cross" the original plugin (EPGImport form feed of the image) files in the precompiled bytecode with the sources of this plugin ...

On what basis do I draw such conclusions? I downloaded the version of my mod from the topic (RE: [Plugin] EPG Import mod from Dorik1972), install it on OpenATV 7.2 (dinobot 4k mini - it doesn't matter .. it matters that it's Python 3.11)

Снимок экрана 2023-04-01 в 19.40.09.pngСнимок экрана 2023-04-01 в 19.39.11.png

Снимок экрана 2023-04-01 в 19.39.37.pngСнимок экрана 2023-04-01 в 19.52.21.png

No, errors ...

So... back to the beginning... Where, what, and how did you install it? And after that, we will be able to determine who exactly "did not read here" ...

• Can we please rein in the antagonising/inflammatory tone. It does not matter who started it.

No "incitement", let alone "hostility" ... Personally, my opinion is that on a technical forum, any "claims" or error messages MUST be argued with a work log and an accurate description of the occurrence of an error so that it can be repeated and corrected

Which of the posts of my "opponent" in this correspondence contains all the necessary and sufficient information about the error that occurred to him and where? ... Moreover, I am inclined to conclude that he generally made a mistake with the topic

p.s.

Let me illustrate what this kind of error would look like on OpenATV 7.2 (or any other image) if it occurred in my MOD ... It's easy to "fake" this by commenting out one line in __init__.py... Does anyone see ****.pyc files in the log?

Python
    20:13:30.3833 Plugin  Extensions/EPGImport failed to load: cannot import name 'isDreamOS' from 'Plugins.Extensions.EPGImport' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/__init__.py)
    20:13:30.3855 Traceback (most recent call last):
    20:13:30.3860   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/PluginComponent.py", line 57, in readPluginList
    20:13:30.3861   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Import.py", line 2, in my_import
    20:13:30.3862   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
        from . import _, log, isDreamOS, getSkin
    20:13:30.3864 ImportError: cannot import name 'isDreamOS' from 'Plugins.Extensions.EPGImport' (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/__init__.py)

Is there a difference in information content in my example and in the "logs" of my "opponent"?

• Official Post

I have to but in here. If your version of the Original EPG Importer plugin casues problem when the Original plugin is present ?

Then you must adapt your Control file so it picks up this conflict. Either prevent the installation. Or with a preinst script

Remove the conflicting version before installing yours.

Is not all OE-A based images built with the EPG Import plugin by default abu baniaz

• Official Post

My question was if your "MOD" is causing problems when installing on top of the original EPG Import

Then you need to correct this in your "MOD" version.

Was just a friendly question :beer1:

• My question was if your "MOD" is causing problems when installing on top of the original EPG Import

Then you need to correct this in your "MOD" version.

I perfectly understood your question. Moreover, I answered - no, it does not cause ... But I agree with you about the "new name" ... Most likely, I will come up with some new name for the mod that "does not intersect" with the original plugin name... since the EPG event import algorithm itself has been completely rewritten, especially in the version that has not yet been released to the public:upside down face:

• Not all images pre-install EPG Importer. It is available on the plugin servers for people to install.

This is absolutely true... in particular, on OpenATV 7.2 the original EPGImport is not pre-installed by default :smiling face with sunglasses: That is why I doubted the "pieces" of the system log posted by my "opponent" and the error message in the mod when used on OpenATV 7.2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!