Need help flashing new firmware on Amiko A6N box

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,046 times. The last Post () by iraj1337.

• Official Post

I checked the UK distributers AmikoUK & world-of-satellite.co.uk websites and i can`t find any way to manually add firmware or restore the device.

I just linked the distributers in this discussion, hopefully they can offer some support :thumbs up:

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing Support
  • Hey guys, only just passed by and noticed this, sure I will try and help. First thing to know, when you say it will not turn on exactly what state is it in, if you power it on do you get the Amiko boot logo on screen, the one with the white background you'd normally expect when it boots but it just stays stuck on this and never loads or does it appear more terminal than that as in no picture output on screen at all, is the power LED and front display showing anything?

Armed with the above information we should be able to decide what's your best next step.

• I have just spent a while quickly writing this guide below for you guys. Please let me know if it works for you or helps you out, I will probably make it a real PDF guide after that. This is off the top of my head version at the moment though so a bit rough and ready but will hopefully do the job...

This guide is how to re-flash firmware on the Amiko A6, A6N, A6N MAX using a USB stick and Android Recovery menu.

Generally this is needed or cures the issue where the device will not boot and only shows the white background with colour Amiko logo but does not boot past this.

You'll need a USB keyboard (for navigating around the recovery menu), USB stick formatted to FAT32 (firmware file is approx. 560-580MB), cocktail stick or similar to press in the recovery button.

First of all download your required firmware version NOTE that firmware is different for each model, A6, A6N, A6N MAX so it is IMPORTANT to choose the right one for your model.

The process below is exactly the same for all models, so it's just downloading the right version firmware for your specific model in the first place.

Code
    A6: https://mega.nz/file/oBoD0IgB#8xY29xxJiaZ5Fhil6OJ1YnWldV7l5KRlNObPmZG7hEs
    Code
    A6N: https://mega.nz/file/4NYyjAzJ#81x9r2QalWcaB10gyQ9uBZhq_LdX2zeiujCbyVd3Mi0
    Code
    A6N MAX: https://mega.nz/file/AdARHAqb#qTi3stwjCfa-FLIY25nYXM9O7Lipau0o8VuGP-CHxI8

These are not the very latest or special firmwares as such, these are just older random firmwares which I know to be good for this recovery process. We'll use this to get the device working again and later on will online update to the latest firmware so it's all bang up to date.

Download the above version for your device which will be in .zip format and place this on a FAT32 formatted USB stick (directly on the USB stick, no need to be in a folder and no need to open the .zip file).

With the A6/N/MAX device powered off (power cable unplugged) insert the USB stick and USB keyboard (this will be needed to navigate round the recovery menu, the remote control will not work)

Now while pressing in the pin hole recovery button on the under side of the A6/N/MAX connect the power and keep the recovery button pressed in, you will see the white Amiko logo with black background on screen after a short while, keep the recovery button pressed in still just for a few more seconds (3 or 4 seconds should be fine) and then let go of the recovery button, the screen should go black and after a short while the recovery menu will be displayed on scree.

If the recovery menu is now showing and you had your USB keyboard attached while you went though the above process then you should be ready for the next step...

Using the arrow keys on the keyboard scroll down to 'Apply update from EXT' and press enter/return on keyboard

Scroll down to 'Update from udisk' and press enter/return

Scroll down to the firmware .zip file you put on USB earlier and press enter/return

Installing system Update

Install from udisk complete

It will now return to main menu, scroll to 'Reboot system now' (most probably already highlighted by default) and press enter/return on keyboard

The device will reboot and if all went well will eventually boot up to the main menu, it's basically in a 'working' state again now, you can browse through menu, remote control working etc. but now we want to update the firmware to whatever is the latest available online update.

First of all make sure you have a working Internet connection to the device and then...

When on the main menu go to Setting > System > Upgrade

You will be offered the latest 'Stable version' firmware update, if this is what you want then scroll down to 'Update now' and press OK, OK to 'Confirm' and online firmware flashing will begin and reboot at the end.

HOWEVER there is also often a BETA version firmware available which is newer than the stable version, generally I would choose BETA if available and release version is a higher number than stable version (it's called BETA but is safe to use)

For the available BETA version then while in the Upgrade menu press blue button for BETA version, select the version you want (only one choice if any usually) and then as above, Update now > OK > Confirm > OK and firmware flashing will begin and reboot at the end.

Which ever version firmware you choose then when flashing is complete and device reboots when it eventually boots back up you should now have the latest fully functioning firmware on there and be ready to go!

The above perhaps sounds like a lot of things to take in all at once, don't worry though, it's not nearly as bad as it might first seem, give it a try and good luck!

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!