Most stable python 3 image?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,610 times. The last Post () by Archimede®.

• python2 images were stable because nothing has changed that much for 10+ years. Don't expect python 3 images to be all of a sudden perfect.

This has been a bit of a 2 step process.

Convert all the codebase and their own plugins to python 3.
    Fairly simply once everyone worked out the process and what they had to change.
    Any image just doing this will be perfectly fine.

Now the problems that have arisen is the fact old code/plugins are now being looked at during these python3 conversion and the developers are realising the code can be modernised, improved and in some cases completely re-written from scratch. And nobody is against that if it is done properly and doesn't break years worth of stuff.

But at the moment everyone is doing a bit of their own thing. It is a bit of a free for all.

Some images are maintaining backwards compatibilty with 3rd party skins/plugins etc. Others are not and are just totally breaking things when trying to modernise their code, because they only seem to be testing it with their own stuff.
    If they were all on the same page and not all going off on a tangent then we would all be in a better place.

I see some posts above saying python 3 is slow. Python 3 should not be slow, its using newer code, newer libraries, it uses the cpu better and it uses memory better. Also remember we are in a transition period. Code is being tweaked and updated on a weekly basis. So if you wish to test python3 images, you need to be proactive with it. Download latest, try it, wait for the next update. Rinse and repeat.

And now my biggest gripe. People using python 3 images but not reporting their issues on the image providers github or dedicated forums.
    That is the whole point of betas, to try it, test it, give feedback. None of the images are going to be perfect for quite some time yet. But the more feedback they get, the more issues and bugs raised. The quicker we get to a better place.

Me personally, I don't have time to try experimental builds at the moment, i don't have time to update my image every week, I have converted all my wares to python 3, but at the moment I am sticking with my stable python 2 until things are a bit more stable across the board.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Octagon SF8008

OpenPLI 9.0 is the fastest PY3 image I have tested so far.

A lot of plugins work, but let's face it, it's alpha, not even beta.

OpenATV 7.0 / 7.1 is also not bad and is constantly improving and updating something to achieve full stability of this image.

And as we know, this Team started switching E2 to PY3

OCTAGON SF8008, OATV 7.3, OPLI 9, Black Harmony

• Guten Abend habe frage so ein imig hätte Ich gern Black Hole Images octagon.octagon sf8008

Good evening I have a question like this I would like to have Black Hole Images octagon sf8008 :face with head bandage:

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!