Due lack of support from the manufacturer no more active support.?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 585 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I chencked for an openpli update and it has this message on openpli site:

''Due to lack of support from the manufacturer we are no longer able to provide active support for the brand Vuplus. As long as building images is possible without changes in the BSP we will continue building images. From the moment major changes are needed in the BSP all builds will be ended.''

I used openpli for years and been happy with it sofar though now I am not sure if this is going to be a problem or not and what image will be an alternative?

• Official Post

They are saying that Vu+ are not providing manufacturer support.

They are not saying that OpenPLI are not supporting Vu+. Look at the Xtrend's, the company does not exits any more, PLI are still building images for them. PLI will do the same for Vu. When Vu receivers no longer work, PLI will stop making images for them. That could be 5 months, 2 years or 25 years.

If Vu+ no longer provider driver updates/fixes, their inaction will affect all image teams.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!