MULTISTALKER PLUGIN INSTALLATION ON E2 RECEIVERS

There are 193 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 52,102 times. The last Post () by kashmir.

• multi-stalker v1.5 is not working....it says "Unhandled exception" on any kind of order....

can you help me please ?

it used to work fine, now it doesn't, I have the portals server addresses set ok,

I don't know where the problem is....

• hi I got multiple.stalker 1.5 on my zgemma h11s with image openatv 7.2 I got it there how do I transfer the line over to the portal with ddc ..please..I found the file I put in line and mac but there nothing showing in portal saying invalid mac

Edited 2 times, last by jason19724 ().

• Great plug-in but is there a way to change where it looks for the stalker.conf file other than the home dir. I switch between several images so would like to store it on the hdd drive so when it is changed it is changed for all the images I used instead of each having its own file?

Thanks in advance

• Well, save the file stalker.conf where you want and just make symlink (symbolic link) to this file in the /home directory.

I know you probably think I should figure this out myself but I am tearing my hair out as I cannot get it to work. I have copied the stalker.conf file to

hdd/playlists/ and have tried to create the link as

ln -s root/home/stalker.txt /hdd/playlists stalker.conf - get stalker.conf exists

Or

ln -s hdd/playlists stalker.conf root/home/stalker.txt - get root/home/stalker.txt no such file or directory

Could you please show how to to make the symlink or perhaps someone else would not mind stepping in. Sorry if I seem stupid but am 66 years old and know nothing about python programming.

• It's very easy: :winking face:

first you give the command what you want to do, i.e. ln -sf

where ln is a command to create a link

-s is a parameter to create a symbolic link

-f is a parameter to overwrite a file that already exists in the given directory

then you enter the folder and which file should be used for the symlink - in your case

/hdd/playlist/stalker.txt

and where should this file be saved and what should it be called - in your case

/home/stalker.conf

and when you combine it all you will you get one command

Code
    ln -sf /hdd/playlist/stalker.txt /home/stalker.conf

Nosce te ipsum.

• - just check/compare whether the file /home/stalker.conf has the same information as in /hdd/playlist/stalker.txt

- check if the data is in the correct format as required by the Multi-Stalker plugin

pattern:

Code
    portal 0 http://localhost:8080/c/?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00
    portal 2 http://localhost:8080/c/?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00
    portal 3 http://localhost:8080/c/?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00
    portal 4 http://localhost:8080/c/?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00
    portal 5 http://localhost:8080/c/?mac=00:00:00:00:00:00

Still a little help, if you don't know how to update the list of portals displayed in the plugin, you can try:

When you are in the plugin, in the old list of Portals, hold down the yellow button (Reset all Portals) for a long time to delete the entire old list.

t0.jpg

The system will ask you if you want to delete everything, and you confirm Yes.

t1.jpg

You will get a clean list.

t2.jpg

Then by pressing the Blue button and confirming Yes to the question whether you want to Install a new config

t4.jpg

You get your new list.

t3.jpg

Don't forget to Save the new list by pressing the green button !

And finally, learn to use this plugin Multi-Stalker. :smiling face:

Nosce te ipsum.

• I have copied the stalker.conf file to hdd/playlists.

The format is correct in both files and if I run multi stalker and load the portals it populates correctly.

Now I run

ln -sf /hdd/playlists/stalker.conf /home/stalker.conf

The conf file in hdd/playlists is the same format as it was, however the conf file in the home folder now gives the Failed to read error

If I open Filecommander I can see the file but if I try to select it I get a ‘The Directory/File no longer exists’ message, see attached screenshots. If I ftp to the box from my MacBook Pro and go to the home dir the stalker.conf file cannot be seen.

Screenshot03.jpg

4AF3E734-7567-484D-AF9E-F3AF717420EE.jpeg

I do already use Multi Stalker and have numerous addresses added that all work as expected, it is only since trying to add this symlink that I have had ask for help.

• Delete the /home/stalker.conf file

write him an command

Code
    ln -sf /media/hdd/playlist/stalker.txt /home/stalker.conf

t.jpg

I see that you have a SEAGATE ST500LT012 disk and you have it in /media mounted not as HDD but as ST500LT012-1DG14, so you can try to use the path /media/ST500LT012-1DG14/playlist/stalker.txt instead of /media/hdd/playlist/stalker.txt

Otherwise try it too :

Code
    ln -sf /media/ST500LT012-1DG14/playlist/stalker.txt /home/stalker.conf

So you have to find out the exact path yourself, as your system actually shows it to you !

Nosce te ipsum.

• Tried both commands with the same result of Failed to read…….

The 2nd command also created the stalker file in home but as said same result.

Probably just as easy for me to leave it as is and copy it between images. Would love to be able to fix it but do not want to take up more of your time. Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!