How to extract an enigma2 image

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,524 times. The last Post () by piterfree.

• Hi everyone,

How can I extract these OpenPLi image files in my computer (Windows or Linux)?

d5a68184.png

Because, a few weeks ago, I deleted by mistake all languages files (a bash script that cleanup disk space), and after a reboot OpenPLi stuck loading in boot_logo.

I googled for long hours, for a method to extract the original installation image files (at least the rootfs), so I can get the deleted files back to OpenPLi, but no hope (I reflash the box).

To seek knowledge, Is there a way to do so?

Also can I virtualize an OpenPLi image in computer (e.g using VirtualBox in Windows)?

• Hi, you simply need to back up the installed image, you need with openpli to install plugins which are in the addons, there must be auto backup and back up suite and you will recover all your config ready to use. be reinstalled...

• Guys I solved the problem by reflashing the receiver. This happened weeks ago..

I'm asking if there is a way to extract those files (kernel.bin and rootfs.bin).

If no, why?

Just for the sake of knowledge.

opkg update && opkg upgrade

That's the first thing I did, it didn't work.

if online update doesn't work, you can download the languages here

OpenPLi/enigma2/tree/develop/po

Great idea, but how can I compile these files.

Because as you can see here there is no .po files in po folder:

Edited 3 times, last by taghlaoui ().

• opkg install enigma2-locale-{ar,bg,ca,cs,da,el,en-gb,es,et,fa,fi,fr,fy,he,hr,hu,id,is,it,ku,lt,lv,nb,nl,no,pl,pt,pt-br,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi,zh-cn,zh-hk}

There is no such package in OpenPLi feeds.

Code
    Collected errors:
     * opkg_prepare_url_for_install: Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'enigma2-locale-ar'.

• Code
    this file with sevenzip,
    extract to a folder,
    you will find all the soft folders of your decoder...then in
    usr/enigma2/locale
    you will find your languages then restart the decoder.
    VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!