[HOW TO] Install newer version of OScam on Spark

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,060 times. The last Post () by s3n0.

• So, yesterday i found an old amiko alien lying around, after updating the channel list on spark, i couldn't use my local oscam server on it. So i've updated oscam onb it, and here is how (very easy lol)

1) Download and install PuTTY and FileZilla (if you haven't done that yet)

2) Now, connect your box to the internet, wifi or ethernet doesn't matter, and sign the ip address of the box

3) Download the binary of oscam from the attachment.

4) Connect via FileZilla to the box, in host put the ip address of the box, in username put 'root' and in password put 'root'

5) Remove all the oscam files from /var/bin

6) Now, put the new oscam binary in /var/bin

7) Now, go to /etc/init.d, create a new file, and call it 'oscam',

8) Edit the 'oscam' file and put in it the following code

Code
    ./var/bin/oscam-svn11704-sh4-webif-dvbapi

9) Now open PuTTY, select other in connection type and use 'telnet'

10) In host put the ip address of the box and then click open

11) Now, it will ask for a username, it is 'root', the password is 'root'

12) From PuTTY run this command

Code
    chmod +x /var/bin/oscam-svn11704-sh4-webif-dvbapi && chmod +x /etc/init.d/oscam

13) Reboot your box and this should be it

Big thanks to s3n0 for its guide on how to manually install oscam

• seagen

Approved the thread.
  • master G

Added the Label Article
  • Hi.

Script files in the "/etc/init.d/" folder are also called when Enigma2 is stopping and not only when Enigma2 is starting. It's not good if there is only one command in the "init.d" script - to run Oscam. Or do you want another Oscam to run again and again during the shutdown (stopping) of Enigma2 ? :)

You should have the arguments there for the start and stop services... for example:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
          start) /var/bin/oscam-svn11704-sh4-webif-dvbapi -b -r 2 ;;
           stop) killall -9 oscam-svn11704-sh4-webif-dvbapi ;;
        restart) $0 stop; sleep 1; $0 start ;;
              *) echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"; exit 1 ;;
    esac

exit 0

Or you can download and use my softcam script, directly from my github (https://github.com/s3n0/e2scripts/blob/master/softcam), as described in the article for manually installing the Softcam :-P. However, the binary file must then be renamed:

Code
    mv /var/bin/oscam-svn11704-sh4-webif-dvbapi /var/bin/oscam
    chmod a+x /var/bin/oscam /etc/init.d/softcam

It is also very important to remember that the created script file must contain UNIX / LINUX (LF only) line endings and not WINDOWS (CR + LF) :).

• Well, i didn't do that because:

Spark is very different from enigma2, you cannot restart it, you need to restart the whole box.

You only need to start oscam at boot, if you want to restart it, you can use the webinterface or you can open the menù on spark, open the plugin sub-menu and stop oscam from there, it will run "killall" for the binary, and if you start it again from the plugin menu, it will simply run the binary.

TL;DR this script is really good for enigma2, not for spark

- La pirateria è un reato, non scaricheresti mai un auto

• Init.d has its prescribed standard on Linux systems. If you restart or shut down the Linux, there is sent the "stop" argument, to the "init.d" scripts, at the appropriate Linux run-level. But you don't have this argument, treated inside the init.d script. So, your "script" is not a clear init.d - script.

It's like booting a Linux router with a 21st century chipset, using a Floppy 3.5" magnetic disk drive (1.44 MB capacity disk) instead of using internal flash memory. It can be done. The question is whether it matters at all.

Keep at least the minimum init.d standard please !

In a full-fledged Linux op. system (for example, Ubuntu Linux on a desktop / workstation PC), of course, there are a many other features, that do not exist in Linux set-top boxes. But the start and stop argument is used and exists also in older Linux set-top box.

The start / stop / restart arguments may not be handled inside the scripts... in some special cases... but not in the case of the Softcam. If you run Softcam twice in a row, you will create unnecessary problems (because the same configuration directory and the same card reader will be used). It can end up with many different and unforeseen crashes.

Do it the way what you think, it's your business. :)

Good Luck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!