Limit number of channels for 1 single line is possible?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,424 times. The last Post () by makey.

• Hello:

Technical question:

Is it possible in Oscam to configure a line to ONLY give ECMs for a single channel, but that channel to be any channel?

I mean: that line would open any 1 channel. If it received a request from any second channel, it would not respond to it until the first channel was idle.

I do NOT want to filter by specific SIDs, but by number of channel requests. That's not the idea. I know how to do that.

The idea is that a line only responds to the ECMs of the first channel that request the line, and ignores any other requests from channels 2, 3, etc., until the moment that channel 1 is turned off.

Is it possible to configure this in Oscam for that line?

• Hi.

If I understand correctly what you want to achieve, then it should be possible to achieve this with the following items:

(used values = only as example !!!)

Code
    ratelimitecm                  = 4
    ratelimittime                 = 9000
    ecmunique                     = 1
    srvidholdtime                 = 2000
    cooldown                      = 30,600

You can find information on individual items on the official website:

OSCam/en/Config/oscam.server – Streamboard Wiki

However, this limits the entire card reader - i.e. not a single user, but an entire card reader (in "oscam.server" file) - for all ECM requests together.

These configuration entries are also difficult to work with they... because each one coding system uses a different algorithm. If you use incorrect values to restrict ECM requests, then it may not work correctly at all.

I mean, you also need to know your encoding system on your decoder card. If the card requires ECM every 10 seconds, so you can not set there another value :). You have to leave it at the limit of 10 seconds, as required by the internal decoding card algorithm. In this case, for example, you can only change the number of ECM requests in 10 seconds (you will limit this to 1 ECM request, which means that only 1 satellite channel can be watched at a time). However, this applies to the specific decoding system (IRDETO) used by the satellite provider in our country on their decoding cards. In your case, the situation may be different.

• you can help for 6 reader setup with rate limit with load balance all reader stop and run in a sequience 1 stop 2 run, 2stop 3rd run

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!