E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support

There are 1,276 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 95,057 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• Don't worry Pepsik, I'm ok with you about the treatment of a big list, I know why e2m3u2 have problem to threat a so big one. But I think I'm not the only one who have access to this type of server. Now providers give access to more and more movies, series.. so this explain why the list is so big. I proposed to have a way to exclude videos files as xstreamity does it, it dispach the stream services to a live category and the videos files link to a Vod category. Excluding video file was just a suggestion. In fact if it's possible to threat this list, I will see after each batch the content of the diff override file to see what's new in the list.

If this vod-"channels" are concentrated in a separate group, then you can use the functionality m3ufilter.conf or disable group in ***-override.xml... But in general, adding a "checkbox" - "exclude VOD when creating bouquets" is not difficult to add

e2m3u2 have problem to threat a so big one

This is not a plugin issue. The question is in the performance of the processor of your SatTopBox and speed of reading/writing to the media ... and quite a bit depends on the performance of the python itself and how the code is written ...

p.s. I once had a test playlist with over 145,000 entries... It took no more than 2-3 minutes to convert it to bouquets, excluding downloading channel logos on my VU+ Ultimo4K ... If you want, you can send me yours in private messages and I will check how it is processed by me, and for how long ... I am absolutely sure that it is "not a hours"

• The groups are not configured in the playlist. I think there is an api url for this type of file, not sure but xstreamity use it. Or rules that detect video files for movies, and season number for Series group, the rest for streams. But Xstreamity do the dispatch very quickly.

I wil send you my list (please do not display anything from it here), you will see that the batch never stop when it's on it.

Edited once, last by jeepcook ().

• I wil send you my list (please do not display anything from it here), you will see that the batch never stop when it's on it.

Decided to reply here rather than in a private message. I think this example of a playlist will be indicative for everyone

1) VU+ Ultimo4K arm-based architecture

2) The test playlist contains 389,275 channels (or 778,551 lines)

3) Download and check for channel logos - disabled (this very much depends on the speed of your internet connection and the read/write speed of the device used to store the logo.)

4) Total time spent parsing m3u and creating bouquets according to the template ***-override.xml - 32 minutes and 2 sec

5) Time spent parsing the original m3u playlist - 2 minutes (~6,488 records per second or 3,244 channels per second)

6) 30 minutes - spent on the implementation of custom sorting according to a given template

Снимок экрана 2023-02-12 в 12.35.25.png

All of the above can be seen in the log of the plugin attached to this post

p.s. Purely for the sake of curiosity, which of the plugins (analogs of my e2m3u2b) parses an m3u playlist of 389,275 channels for 2 minutes (we are not talking about using custom sorting by template, although here I am ready to compete) :thinking face:

If you do not use the ***-override.xml template, then the time for parsing this playlist and creating bouquets is no more than 3 minutes

• Thanks Pepsik for the analyse. So I don't understand why it's so long for me. I have a sf8008 octagon receiver. In your log we don't see the nogroup section. My tests with this list blocked on the nogroup channel processing as you can see in my previous posted log.

Edit: in my log I have Processed: 1 categories and in yours Processed: 379 categories. I don't understand...

Edited 3 times, last by jeepcook ().

• After reflect ion, I said myself that for your tests you've used the m3u file I provided you.

So after a long time without result using a configuration to the url (tag m3uurl), I finally decided to do as you. So I configured m3uurl to point to the m3u file, not the url.

And so miracle, m3u2bouquet detect now 379 categories instead of 1! And I obtained the same results as yours. Total duration of the batch: 37 minutes, not hours like my previous tests.

Just one question, why a remote file and a local file are not treat with the same way? where is the problem? Do have I to configure something for the m3uurl pointing to remote files?

p.s. Purely for the sake of curiosity, which of the plugins (analogs of my e2m3u2b) parses an m3u playlist of 389,275 channels for 2 minutes (we are not talking about using custom sorting by template, although here I am ready to compete) :thinking face:

If you do not use the ***-override.xml template, then the time for parsing this playlist and creating bouquets is no more than 3 minutes

xstreamity is able to display lists by categories instantly. Install it and try to use it with the same file and you will see.

• Just one question, why a remote file and a local file are not treat with the same way? where is the problem? Do have I to configure something for the m3uurl pointing to remote files?

I do not understand the question. What's the difference the file is located locally or downloaded from some server ... if it's the same file ?

• Just one question, why a remote file and a local file are not treat with the same way? where is the problem? Do have I to configure something for the m3uurl pointing to remote files?

I do not understand the question. What's the difference the file is located locally or downloaded from some server ... if it's the same file ?

I know ! But in my case the treatment is different if it's an url (the plugin detect nogroup categories) or a local file (it detect 379 categories).

Edit: To download manually the remote file I'm using wget.

Edited 3 times, last by jeepcook ().

• if it's an url (the plugin detect nogroup categories) or a local file (it detect 379 categories).

Miracles don't happen! Once again, double-check yourself and what you are doing.

Edit: To download manually the remote file I'm using wget.

A matter of taste. In terms of downloading files - NO difference

Yes, to explain, I made an error using a different url for downloading the remote file and another just a little different for the one configured in e2m3u2 bouquet, and in fact they are really different, same streams but no details about picons, categories....

Now, after configuring and disable with override configuration some categories I don't need, the duration of the treatment is 2 or 3 minutes.

• Hello Pepsik,

I'd like to know how to spot which categories has been deleted from the m3u file between 2 treatments? We have all the category existing and no more existing in the sort-override file and the new one in the diff-override file but no trace of the deleted one which, so, are in the sort file.

Hope I am clear.

Thanks

• pepsik

often epg missing , after restarting is working again

Code
     No way to bind EPG events found. EPG will not be available

Here try my Skript Auto Generator

• I'd like to know how to spot which categories has been deleted from the m3u file between 2 treatments?

Plugin - never removes (deliting) anything from m3u.

***-override.xml - this is the template of the data that will be used to create userbouquets ... If any groups or channels appear in the source m3u, they will appear in diff-override.xml and will never appear in userbouquet until you yourself transfer them to the right place in the order you need in the template (sort-override.xml)

• Plugin - never removes (deliting) anything from m3u.

***-override.xml - this is the template of the data that will be used to create userbouquets ... If any groups or channels appear in the source m3u, they will appear in diff-override.xml and will never appear in userbouquet until you yourself transfer them to the right place in the order you need in the template (sort-override.xml)

Ok thanks, but if a category is deleted from m3u, is this one deleted too from sort.override.xml, I'm not sure. Thanks

• Hey i Test this 1.0.88 this found epg only iptv ca 50.000 and my Script Auto Generator found only iptv ca 92.000 mfg kittybua ! Mods No so good ! I try my Skript ever 🤗🤗

Alternativ the best for iptv is Neutrino tuxbox ! 🐱🐱🐱

Edited 3 times, last by KittyBua ().

• Hello,

Currently testing the 1.0.88 version, but I have an E2 crash at the end of the process, during events loading.

See the e2 crashlog.

No crash with 1.0.87.

Thanks

Edit1: sometimes I have an e2 crash, and sometimes the process hang after treatment of some providers and so some are not treated and so the epg loading isn't done because it has to run at the end of the batch. Added the e2m3u2 log. You will see that batch hang at pluto us provider but after this one it normally have to treat samsung gb, samsung us and the events loading.

Edit2: to be able to compare the difference between 1.0.87 and 1..88 batchs, add the 1.0.87 log.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!