OpenPli 12.3 DM500HD original

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,257 times. The last Post () by mrlu.

• I just found the solution and wanted to share.

It seams we need to force the root password to write into some file. I login with telnet and root password, inserted passwd to change root password (I have out it the same) and it solves the issue.

Thanks anyway.

• Hello, thx for image, i trying install zerotier (1.4.5 and others) and can't do run. Please tell me if is possible install zerotier in this image

• mrlu

Changed the title of the thread from “OpenPli 12.2 DM500HD original 2023-01-19” to “OpenPli 12.3 DM500HD original”.
  • Really great job for a >10 years old device, now is running on almost latest OpenPLi.

I installed the clone version in a DM500 Ferrari 87 but there are 2 main problems.

1. The DVB tuner is not recognized
    How we can install properly the right drivers?

2. The Fan speed is to high all the time (over 4000rpm) . I tried to play with fan control 2 but no changes at all. FAN is high all the time.
    Is there any fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

• Ferrari Supports only Kernel 2.6 drivers, so you cannot use new images, only old 10 years images.

You would have to replace the sim by a clone sim or A8P... then use images such as the one below, that includes all support of all Streaming protocols...

TS

DM500HD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240201 GSt 1.20.5 (Japhar)

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm500hd_Japhar

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, February 1st, 2024

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (Dash Support)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

- Japhar Sim Required

DM500HD :

Code
    http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm500hd.nfi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!