HD Ready TV & Vu+ solo

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 886 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hey guys,

I currently have a VU+ solo in my mums room (no satellite feed available in this room) and am using the remote stream converter plugin to share a tuner from our vu+ duo downstairs to stream to the solo upstairs (This plugin kicks ass by the way)

My mums TV is a Panasonic 32" and is quite old and is 'HD Ready' and does not have a HDMI connection.

I'm not sure what the connection is called but I have attached a pic.

At the moment I'm using TP Link power lines to connect the 2 boxes

Currently I'm using a scart connection to connect the solo to mums TV but i want to try to improve the picture quality so i need a new cable.

The cable I need will be a HDMI to ? (I hope someone can answer this)

Also does anyone know what definition 'HD ready' TV's are capable of using the connection in the photo i attached?

Cheers

D.B

Edit: I have added the remote channel stream converter plugin as an attachment if anyone wants to try it out, it works flawlessly.

• You want an HDMI to DVI cable.

DVI doesn't usually/always carry audio though, so you'll probably also need an stereo RCA cable for audio

• cheers Davey

So something like this would do the job? (24+1 pin)

I assumed that that cable would do both audio & video

I guess i'll have to buy an RCA cable now too

• hdmi would carry the audio but dvi won´t ,,,, hence the need for an audio carrier,,,
    this hdmi -dvi cable is only 6ft long ,,surely that wont reach to a bedroom??
    although reading back to your original post you have it scart connected at the moment...
    time for a new tv me thinks.....

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!