USB Hard Drive Format

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,089 times. The last Post () by Stoob.

• I bought a Toshiba Canvio basic 1TB USB drive, with the intention of using it for recordings. I'm having a lot of trouble with initializing. I'm now formatting it externally with windows and EaseUS Partition Manager. Should I format Ext3 or Ext4? It was NTFS, but didn't want to initialize with my SF8008 with OpenEIGHT.

• I formatted mine with NTFS on the PC and then installed the NTFS-3G driver from the feeds and it all works ok. I am using various images from openatv 6.4 to 7.1 along with OBH and vix and the driver is on all images. This is on a vu+ solo 4k box and not the same as yours but assume it should work. This has the advantage that I can unplug the drive use on my PC/Mac also. You may have to reboot the box, not restart enigma to get it recognised.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!