Need help with get 30 west channels

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 659 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi all,

I need your help with getting 30 west channels.

I've setup my rig on dead straight with 3 dots, the dish elevation is 22.5 degree and the motor is set to 0 when I moved the whole rig to 0.8west. The maximum signals for aljazeera english on 0.8west I can get is 77%. I can get from 45 east to 0.8west with no problem, but I can't get 30 west channels because of the close building next to my house.

According to dishpointer.com, it say it will work if i adjust my dish to 24.4 degree.

I'm not sure if it is going to work because of the close building next to my house. I can see the clear sky, but I am not sure if it is going to work. It may requirement to adjust my dish to go greater than 24.4 degree to get portuguese channels.

Do you know if it will work or not??

• that brick wall will be in your way ( we discussed this sometime back )

it's a BRICK WALL a tree you maybe cut back once a year and you may get 30 west

but you can't do that to a BRICK WALL ( your neighbours are not going to like you )

if i were you i'd think about iptv

where you dont have to climb up a ladder to change anything and loose everything because that's what your going to do

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• other than the brick wall being a massive issue..... don't forget the dish declines with the motor as it turns. So if you have good signal on your other sats leave it alone.

Yes I do have good signals on other sats but I just wonder if I could still get 30 west if I adjust my dish.

Did you see the pictures and do you think if I could still get 30 west or not??

• Yeah I will get the iptv if i cant find the solution but in the picture there is a clear sky you can see may get me a signal for 30 west but I am not really sure if it is going to work.

This is why I post this and ask for some help from expert who knows better than I do.

• Chris ( if i can call you that )

you can see most sats east ( yes ) with decent signal level

then why cant you see sats in the west

( CLUE it's staring at you but you can't see it )

A BRICK WALL

if you cant see on the west now then you NEVER will

unless you move or you move that BRICK WALL

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Official Post

options from what i can see,.........

buy a long pole with T and K brackets, and place dish much higher up, above your roof line,

in the hope you will then clear the wall of the building blocking your west sats.

What WEST sats do you actually receive ?

5w is strong on some TP's and not far from 0.8w

i also get 8w, 15w and 27.5w on my little dish...........how far west do you get signal ?

• Official Post

can you get 27 w channels

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!