Oscam Icam with TV headend help required

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,404 times. The last Post () by Chris230291.

• Official Post

A stream is still a stream, weather it is done by the STB or received over the internet, an internet stream is Internet Protocol Tele Vision (IPTV)

But if the streaming device is an stb or an pc with headend or sth else , thats make no real difference for an client or ?
    Or do i miss sth.

best regards

For simplicity...... Any satellite channel could be done in the same format as the bouquet used in this so called icam bouquet.

Yes it should be possible with tvheadend but I have not used it in years so can't help with specifics.

• I have been trying to get it working with TVH myself. I haven't managed it though. Even after I made a small proxy app to go between OSCAM and TVH (required because it seems OSCAM only supports E2 style service refs), OSCAM just passes the stream on and doesn't seem to even try decrypting it. Looking at the E2 guides on stream relay, it seems it requires an option to pass ecm in http streams. No idea if that happens with TVH and if there is an option for it. There is an option to pass the emm (no documentation), but setting that crashes TVH. It does cause OSCAM to spit out more info in the logs though, which suggest its trying to do something with the stream.

If you would like to test the emm option for me, try to stream a service in VLC etc like this...

Code
    http://<TVH IP + PORT>/stream/service/<SERVICE UUID>?descramble=0&emm=1
    • Official Post

Chris230291

Yes that is also my understanding, well sort of..... and i am no expert at any of this, so please do not take my opinion as fact.

With e2 the CW is in an extended format that is not supported , so it is injected into the stream where it can be handled by oscam., hence the streaming bouquets.

Perhaps a separate thread for TV headend and icam patch would be a good idea, i will move these posts to a new thread shortly.

• Here if proof that the stream is being passed from TVH to OSCAM (via my proxy app) and then from OSCAM to VLC

pasted-from-clipboard.png

I guess the stream just lacks whatever is required for OSCAM to try and descramble it.

Also, as far as I know the stream coming from TVH is just the raw data from the sat.

One more thing, I am using OSCAM-EMU and I applied the patch that was uploaded on here. In regular OSCAM I don't see the stream relay config options in the web UI.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!