Visual Weather - 15 day weather forecast and infobar widget

There are 146 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 24,617 times. The last Post () by mj_84.

• I dont understand why dreambox users are having problems with the settings page as its the same code used in all my plugins.

I have tweaked something that might help matters.

VisualWeather V1.07

New files on post 1

Setting page amends.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Many thanks for this great plugin, I modified it a little to replace the weather info that stopped working in the skin I'm using.

A few changes in infobarcompact.xml for background, leaving only needed elements and arrange their placements worked out nicely - now it looks like a natural part of second infobar.

weather.jpg

Edit: After a while it disappears and doesn't come back with second infobar until a GUI restart. Any particular reason for this? Can it be fixed?

Edited once, last by tfrc: Malfunction spotted. ().

• Official Post

I have now tested on all my dreamboxes and I can not replicate any of this errors reported.

Yes the Infobar Widgets do not work but that is a DreamOS code issue and have nothing to do with this plugin.

I have tested on fresh installed images so there should not be any leftovers from pre installed version.

So I hope that you who still have issues maybe could PM me your API key with the location name so I can test and see

what might be your problem.

But I recommend that you first update to the last version in post nr 1

And see if the last fixes by KiddaC maybe solved some issues before you contact me on PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• So your first comment on this forum and on my plugins thread, is to tell me to change my plugin.

Nice

I think you probably meant to say.

Hi, I really like the look of this plugin, it is pretty cool. I have a suggestion. I think it would be better if the plugin forecast opened first, and the settings called from there.

Answer: So how do you set the api key and settings when you first load it? It can be done but this is the way it is.

But just set the weather plugin to show in main menu, and then it opens the forecast without settings page first.

It's simple to be nice and polite.

• KiddaC thanks for the plugin.

infobar widgets not work on openATV 7.2 default my metrix skin

Crash Log

[Enigma] Python path is '/usr/lib/enigma2/python'.

[Enigma] DVB API version 5, DVB API version minor 11.

[Enigma] Enigma debug level 3.

[eDVBPESReader] Created. Opening demux

[eDVBPESReader] Created. Opening demux

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 73, in processDelay

self.popCurrent()

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 141, in popCurrent

self.execBegin(first=False, do_show=do_show)

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 90, in execBegin

currentDialog.show()

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Screen.py", line 128, in show

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/VisualWeather/plugin.py", line 242, in show_widget

or (hasattr(self.InfoBarInstance, "secondInfoBarScreen") and not self.InfoBarInstance.secondInfoBarScreen.shown):

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'shown'

[ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session object at 0x70157550>>,()) failed)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py", line 5278, in checkBsodCallback

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 153, in openWithCallback

dialog = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 160, in open

raise RuntimeError("[StartEnigma] Error: Modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!") # ...unless it's the very first screen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RuntimeError: [StartEnigma] Error: Modal open are allowed only from a screen which is modal!

[ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method InfoBarHandleBsod.checkBsodCallback of <class 'Screens.InfoBar.InfoBar'>>,()) failed)

• Dont mean to be rude, but I got no time for beta release issues and debugging at the moment. I am far too busy with other stuff for stable releases.
    Its working fine for me on openatv 7.1

• marcus83 It all depends on how your chosen skin is designed.

Your skins secondinfobar might be calling the infobar screen elements.

Try it with an alternative skin and if it doesn't happen then its just the skin your using.

• Hello. Please add the date with the day of the week so that it is better to understand what date and for greater clarity. Thank you for your work.

Octagon SF8008, Formuler F3, Vu+ Duo², Octagon 1028P, Skyway Droid2

Toroidal T-90 5°W---45°E Sony KDL-55W955B

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!