Problem streaming from enigma2 receiver to outside home network

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,318 times. The last Post () by fmoreira.

• I have a Dreambox 4k with openatv 6.4.

I set it up to stream outside my house network. If they are SD channels it works fine but HD channels are constantly stopping. Apparently it could be a bandwidth issue but if I stream a 4k movie from the hard drive I have in the box it works flawlessly... so it doesn't seem to me to be related to bandwidth...

Are there any settings I can change in the Dreambox?

Any idea what's causing the stops?

Thanks!!

• Official Post

Most internet connection in our home have a massive download speed. But the Upload speed is mostley very low.

And when you are streming to an outside network this is done over the upload speed.

Depending on what Dreambox you are using you have the option to transcode the streams.

This is set in the settings of your web interface.

standard port nr for transcoded streams are 8002 and not 8001.

So you would also need to create a portforwarding in your home router from the outside port to port 8002

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Thanks for the tip. I will explore that option...

My internet is 500gb download/100gbs upload... and I still don't understand how I can stream 4k video files without a single freeze and the Dreambox HD stream is always stopping...

• Official Post

Streaming inside your home network can not be compare to the outside.

But 100Gbs upload speed would be more then enough.

Just rember that your home router must also support it, And you also need a cable network

Also 100Gbs is in teori if there is only one user

Test your real spped here:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
    Use Speedtest on all your devices with our free desktop and mobile apps.
    www.speedtest.net

Whay Dreambox do you use??

• SpeedTest confirms: 491/102 gbs...

I understand your point about internet speed but if the problem was related to that i won´t be able to stream 4k videos files without freeze problems...

I use a Dreambox 900Uhd with OpenAtv 6.4... Maybe a image related problem? Some Dreambox Settings?

• Official Post

I presume that you have Mbps and not gbs ;)

So your upload speed is 100Mbps if only 1 user is online.

The 4k would need at least 25Mbps alone and to be stutter free your probably need up to 35-40Mbps

But I do not understand the 4K video streaming? Are you streaming this 4K from the hdd from the outside of your home network?

Do not think it's an Image issue and your Dreambox can transcode

• Yes Mbps, of course... And I only stream for me... So only one user.

I stream 4k video files from my Dreambox hard drive to outside home just to test the result!! And no freezes...

I will check my transcode settings!!

Edited once, last by fmoreira ().

• Official Post

Yes VPN can most certain be the problem but there should be an setting in the OpenWeb where you can assign if VPN connections is allowed

webif-vpn.jpg

• Official Post

I see that you have a OpenATV image but you have a Dreambox.

Have you tested with and DreamOS image and see if that makes any diffrent?

• Official Post

How do you create your bouquets for external use ??

and in the userbouquets you could try and change the servicetyp from 1 to 4097

example:

Servicetype DVB 1

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1E03:4E:46:E080000:0:0:0:

Servicetype 4097

#SERVICE 4097:0:19:1E03:4E:46:E080000:0:0:0:

• Official Post

Okey the you have found the problem :smiling face: and a solution..

The servicetypes tells the Internal E2 player how to handle the stream.

and what player should be used.

You mention that your recordings worked just fine but the live TV hade the problems.

If you change from DVB 1 to 4097 your Enigma2 Player wil play the stream the same way as if it was an recording.

• Yes VPN can most certain be the problem but there should be an setting in the OpenWeb where you can assign if VPN connections is allowed

webif-vpn.jpg

You're right: that option exists and I need it active to be able to connect to the box

. . . meanwhile, enable the "Enable http authentication" function because, as suggested in the menu, "without auth only local access is allowed" and then try :winking face:

Vu⁺ Solo² (OBH 5.3.xxx) & Vu⁺ Zero (OBH 5.3.xxx in fallback) - Vu⁺ USB Tuner DTT T2/C Turbo - Amiko Viper 4K v40 (OBH 5.3.xxx)

- Dish Fracarro R0100APX5G - Inverto Black Ultra Single 0,2 - Rotor PowerTech DG380 (39.0° E ÷ 30.0° W)

Colui che chiede è stupido un minuto, colui che non chiede è stupido tutta la vita.

Those who ask are stupid for a minute, those who don't ask are stupid for life.

• Hope you are right... After streaming works ok all afternoon in PPTP now the problem is back...

But how I do that? Should I create a new bouquet only for streaming and change that by Ftp?

Edited once, last by fmoreira ().

• Yes VPN can most certain be the problem but there should be an setting in the OpenWeb where you can assign if VPN connections is allowed

webif-vpn.jpg

You're right: that option exists and I need it active to be able to connect to the box

. . . meanwhile, enable the "Enable http authentication" function because, as suggested in the menu, "without auth only local access is allowed" and then try :winking face:

Thanks for the tip but I think (and i could be wrong) that is not necessary.

Connecting to box by vpn , for the box, is the same that connects from your home network

• I know, but among the many tests you have done, one more does not cost you anything !!! :winking face: :smiling face:

Vu⁺ Solo² (OBH 5.3.xxx) & Vu⁺ Zero (OBH 5.3.xxx in fallback) - Vu⁺ USB Tuner DTT T2/C Turbo - Amiko Viper 4K v40 (OBH 5.3.xxx)

- Dish Fracarro R0100APX5G - Inverto Black Ultra Single 0,2 - Rotor PowerTech DG380 (39.0° E ÷ 30.0° W)

Colui che chiede è stupido un minuto, colui che non chiede è stupido tutta la vita.

Those who ask are stupid for a minute, those who don't ask are stupid for life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!