how to distinguish an original Vu+Ultimo from an clone one!?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,681 times. The last Post () by Lavatronics.

• It should also be mentioned that the above guide is more specifically aimed at the German market, Satco officially distribute to much of Western Europe but they are NOT the UK distributor, the UK and Southern Ireland (at least as it stands) are considered a region in its own right as regards distributors so what follows on that guide won't necessarily be the same for the UK and Southern Ireland and likewise any warranty as far as the end customer/buyer is concerned will ultimately be with the place they purchase.

• to be honest i have solo original & a duo clone, and i cant see any difference in build or performance quality. Overall the duo clone is more stable both running vix 2.3 & to date i have never been able to mount any number of usb hd to my solo.

Paid £200.00 for my solo original & £ 214.00 for duo clone with 400gig hd installed.

Regards Lee

• to be honest i have solo original & a duo clone

Although it mentions clone with regards to the PDF guide above is not what we would generally describe as a clone/counterfeit - They're both the genuine thing the PDF is talking about it's just in relation to spotting a grey import that was never intended for the western Europe market, so it's still genuine but could perhaps be an issue if you ever need repair under warranty. The guides in respect of the VU+ Ultimo only though in any case, no other VU+ models.

Couldn't agree with regards to the clones and the value, you have zero guarantee with them and it's quite clear there have been a number of issue with them and faults developing after a short time in the field, but that's really not what this thread is actually about in any case. :)

• master G

Added the Label Article

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!