Armbian on the Dreambox Two

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,355 times. The last Post () by lokonai.

• Dreambox Two owners, take note of this message.

https://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb5/forum/index.php?thread/201968-sd-card-images-f%C3%BCr-one-two-mit-kernel-6-x/&postID=2289827#post2289827

Armbian is especially interesting. Small video.

mp4: Armbian.mp4
    Посетите эту ссылку, чтобы посмотреть видео: Armbian.mp4
    ru.files.fm

During installation, you must have a keyboard and mouse, you must specify a username and password.

Turned out to be a computer on the receiver.

I installed Youtube and OTT-Play and watch IPTV with media library.

There is a browser and you can watch everything online as on your computer.

• To install you need to have:

1. Computer (laptop) with Windows.

2. 32 GB SD - card (I have one)

3. Keyboard and mouse .

4. LibreELEC USB Creatore

5. Image Armbian

Install Armbian using this program ( LibreELEC or Balena). Turn off the receiver with the toggle switch on the back.

Insert a SD card, turn on the toggle switch at the back - this Armbian will load.

PS:

Do you want Enigma 2 back?

You turn off the receiver with the toggle switch on the back, pull out the SD card, turn on the toggle switch, Enigma2 is loaded.

Edited once, last by Myshel ().

• So tnx bro! So it's like installing coreelec that I did before! But the only thing I couldn't understand, which file I should use? .img.gz or .sha256 ?

• Thanks a lot man!! :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

When I burn a SD and boot, it works till it says:

Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs)

And stays like this....I can write with keyboard.... I don´t know if I have to write any order to start desktop..

Hi all again, I´ve being reading and trying to run Ubuntu or Armbian on my Dreambox one, and I will make a resume for another people who can have same problems as me and try to get solution from people who knows about this:

- With Armbian, I burn with balenaEtcher a 64Gb SD card with image "Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Aml-dreambox_sid_edge_6.2.0_xfce_desktop.img.gz" or with

"Armbian_23.02.0-trunk_Dreambox_sid_edge_6.1.1_xfce_desktop.img.gz" and boot Dreambox. It start to work till the screen stays in grey telling me:

"Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs)", the I can write but nothing happens...

- With Armbian Ubuntu bionic, I burn "Armbian_5.89.190628_Dreamone_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.9.113_desktop.img.gz" in same SD card, and when I boot, the dreamone starts normally in Opendreambox Enigma2....

So I´m stacked here...and I really want to try those images in dreambox one...

Please , any help??

Edited once, last by master G: Merged 2 posts created by lokonai into this post. ().

• I don't know how to help. I have now (especially for you) uploaded the image of Armbian to another SD card (the cheapest one that was in the store). Everything is fine. After the appearance of the inscription

Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ...

After 5-7 sec. loaded further.

Now I have 2 SD-card with Armbian. :laugh1:

• I learned another think, let´s see:

When it stays in "Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs)", I can write as I said, so I tryed to write the same order: /scritps/init-premount, and the

answer is Permission denied

If I write sh /scripts/init-premount, it goes again to (initramfs) and stays there...

• .Which version should I install in order to run it on dreambox two. On the left side there is Raspeberry P1,2 and 3 and a lot of other programs. Which should be installed in order to install it in dreambox two. LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0-devel-20230215211649-60007e8-dreamtwo.img.gz

• Myshel Thank you for your help in every case. I tried to do everything on Windows 10 and on Mac computers and will not start. I also insert Dreambox Two in Cita SD Court one 3 or 4 minutes and afterwards the SD card and when it ends all just the picture and not The code appears. I know if I have to insert a script in the SD Kort after installation.

• .lokonai Jag hittade problemet, vad är det. När du installerar kodi på SD-kortet, sätt in det här skriptet och det fungerar. Hälsningar till er som har problem med detta fall .

Write this script in boot.ini dreambox_two#setenv start_mmc_autoscript "fatload mmc 0 1020000 autoexec.img && autoscr 1020000"

dreambox_two#setenv bootcmd "run start_mmc_autoscript; run boot_from_sdcard; run boot_from_flash; run recovery_from_flash;"

dreambox_two#saveenv
    It will work properly

Dreambox Two Ultra HD 2x DVB-S2X MIS Tuner 4K 2160p E2 Linux Dual Wifi H.265 HEVC

Download DreamTwo Dreambox Two 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!