enigma2 documentation not found for a better plugin developpment

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 624 times. The last Post () by michyamrane.

• Hello

i'm new in the Enigma2 universe.

it allows us to do lot of things as we can create and run our own plugins.

the only problem i found is that there are no documentation, and the small tutorial ihadtutorial from 2010 is for me very limited.

i found no website which list all Enigma2 modules, classes, and functions : something like Qt doc for example, which will allow us to take enigma2 in hand easily and so create a useful personal plugins

as a newbie,

for example i have no idea which class is responsible on playing videos, and if it has functions like : play, pause, close...

Zgemma H11S, Atlas HD200se

LNB 19.2°E, 7°W, 30°W

RevcamV2, OSCAMs

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • Do you have a programming background. Because everything has to be written in python and xml for the skins. And yes there is little to no documentation anywhere how to create plugins. Basically when starting out you just got to dissect someone else's plugin and try and work out what is going on with it.

If you want the old dreambox docs that are mainly for geeky developers. There old wiki lives here. Although a lot of it is out of date now. And its very geek level docs.
    https://dream.reichholf.net/pydoc/html/index.html

All the main images have github repos.
    You can find there repos by googling for example "openatv github enigma2"
    i.e.
    https://github.com/openatv/enigma2

or some oe-alliance docs
    https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/tree/master/doc

most of the elements are found in enigma2/lib/python in those repos.

There is a spanish site called jungle-team.com that started a basic tutorial series. But its probably not much different than ihabtutorial
    You will need chrome or edge browser to translate into English
    Lesson 1: Creating Basic Plugin python enigma2 – Jungle-Team.com

I have also a little thread of the tools I use to write my plugins
    The tools I use to write python code.

And you will definitely need 7zip. To download and open other plugins ipk files.
    And maybe "easy python decompiler" to decompile pyo files if the plugin creator as compiled his python files.
    Notepad++
    Filezilla
    I use geany as my code editor.
    putty for telnet
    IPK creator 3.0 to create your IPK files

But basically you got to throw yourself in the deep end, curse a lot, live your life in debug logs... but never create a good plugin. Because your life will be hell from that moment onwards :grinning squinting face:

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• hello KiddaC

Thank you for the different links, specially the geek level one :)

now that i have a global view of enigma2 classes, i can start checking all that and develop my little plugin :)

i learned python basics, and already programmed some tools, so we can say i have a little programming background :)

Thank you again

Zgemma H11S, Atlas HD200se

LNB 19.2°E, 7°W, 30°W

RevcamV2, OSCAMs

Edited once, last by michyamrane ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!