Software issue

There are 58 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,136 times. The last Post () by Gary1965.

• Port 83 was probably set in the "oscam.conf" configuration file, after the package was installed, in a specific installer for a specific Oscam. But that doesn't matter at all. You can check it directly in the "oscam.conf" configuration file. You can also access the files via Oscam Webif, in MENU - Files.

Where can I find the oscan. Conf?

• Port 83 was probably set in the "oscam.conf" configuration file, after the package was installed, in a specific installer for a specific Oscam. But that doesn't matter at all. You can check it directly in the "oscam.conf" configuration file. You can also access the files via Oscam Webif, in MENU - Files.

I already wrote to you that in Ocam-Webif (via web bowser). You enter the MENU "FILES" and there are all your oscam configuration files. You can also edit them directly there.

Then you don't need to search for them via FTP connection, in your set-top box, in the appropriate folder and edit them with a text editor (notepad++ is very good for this purpose, for example).

I already wrote to you that in Ocam-Webif (via web bowser). You enter the MENU "FILES" and there are all your oscam configuration files. You can also edit them directly there.

Then you don't need to search for them via FTP connection, in your set-top box, in the appropriate folder and edit them with a text editor (notepad++ is very good for this purpose, for example).

What would I need to edit ?

I have just noticed on my server oscam 11718 it is Port 8888. When I change it in my receiver to oscam latest it is port 83.

I have 5 Cams Installed in my receiver do I need that ?

Edited once, last by master G: Merged 2 posts created by Gary1965 into this post. ().

• 1. you can't ask me what to edit there, because I don't know your service provider or your decoding card (I assume HD04 - that is, the German DVB-S provider)... I have already sent you the link twice where you can find everything about Oscam- I'm here

2. if you practice your own softcam server + softcam clients at the same time, then it is even more complicated in terms of setting... on the softcam server you have to set the so-called sharing... i.e. create a Cccam or Newcamd server... then create users (accounts)... and finally you still have to set up softcam clients

3. I don't know... but I think that for HD04 you need an Oscam-Icam and not an ordinary Oscam... as I wrote before... if you have 5 softcams in the set-top-box, remove them all... use only one softcam (eg Oscam)

If you don't have backup configuration files of the original Oscam, then it is very bad and very difficult for you as an inexperienced user.

You still haven't written anywhere that you want to set up an external source of the softcam server (proxy), or that you own the HD04 decoding card yourself and want to use it in Oscam, in a set-top box.

By the way, for connecting the HD04 card in your own set-top box via Oscam, I recommend starting a new topic in a sub-thread in the discussion forum - related to Softcams. You've already made a big mess here :) ... sorry.

• Thanks for the information. I am back on Port 8888. When I try to download my server to /etc/ tuxbox/config/ it doesn't show my server. Sorry I'm new to all this.

• It is possible that the configuration files are located elsewhere. You can find it by going to Oscam Webif and then to the FILES menu, and in the first item ("oscam.version" file), which is actually an extract from the "oscam --help" command, you will also find the location of the configuration files. It often depends on the IPK installer used. Unfortunately, some IPK installers also modify the location of the configuration files.

• It is possible that the configuration files are located elsewhere. You can find it by going to Oscam Webif and then to the FILES menu, and in the first item ("oscam.version" file), which is actually an extract from the "oscam --help" command, you will also find the location of the configuration files. It often depends on the IPK installer used. Unfortunately, some IPK installers also modify the location of the configuration files.

20230328_161423.jpg

Am I looking in the right place

• Yes... as you can see, the configuration directory is set quite differently... and that's some "pcsc"... I don't know for what reason. As far as I know, pscs is a special version of Oscam, designed to support external USB card readers. As you can see, the configuration folder for Oscam, in your case, is this:

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-pcsc-latest/

I've already written to you X times... but for the German provider's HD04, you'll probably need an Oscam-Icam and not a standard Oscam. It is best to start a new topic under the Softcams thread. I have no experience with Oscam-Icam (I don't use it). Unfortunately.

• Yes... as you can see, the configuration directory is set quite differently... and that's some "pcsc"... I don't know for what reason. As far as I know, pscs is a special version of Oscam, designed to support external USB card readers. As you can see, the configuration folder for Oscam, in your case, is this:

/etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-pcsc-latest/

I've already written to you X times... but for the German provider's HD04, you'll probably need an Oscam-Icam and not a standard Oscam. It is best to start a new topic under the Softcams thread. I have no experience with Oscam-Icam (I don't use it). Unfortunately.

20230328_162939.jpg

Ok thanks mate can you make any sense of this . 20230328_162939.jpg

ok thanks mate can you make any sense of this

• Of course, some files may not exist at all, because not all files are necessary. For example, only the following files are relevant:

oscam.server (card readers / proxies)

oscam.conf (oscam basic configuration + your own server configuration)

oscam.user (accounts for your oscam... dvbapi is "special" account... but... you need some basic config files either way when you are a novice user)

• I'm trying to download a server to receiver /etc/tuxbox/ cong/ I'm not getting nothing.

Explain this in detail, step by step.

It says the file has been sent to my receiver but there's no server I sent the file through box FTP

Of course, some files may not exist at all, because not all files are necessary. For example, only the following files are relevant:

oscam.sever

oscam.conf

oscam.user

They are all empty no files exist

I'm trying to download a server to receiver /etc/tuxbox/ cong/ I'm not getting nothing.

Explain this in detail, step by step.

20230328_171637.jpg

I am not seeing any server even though it's been downloaded to my receiver from Ftp

Edited once, last by master G: Merged 2 posts created by Gary1965 into this post. ().

• master G

Closed the thread.

Zgemma H11S Support Forum - Linux Enigma2 DVB-S2X 4K UHD Quad Core Satellite & IPTV Box

Download Zgemma H11S 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, & OpenPLi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!