info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,752 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• hi I bought: Rotor motor for DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A DiSEqC 1.2 dish

Motore Rotore per parabola DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A DiSEqC 1.2
    Il motore per parabole DIGIPOWER prodotto da MOTECK, modello SG-2100A è compatibile con ricevitori DiSEqC 1.2. o Usals Dispone di LED di indicazione "guasto" e…
    www.amazon.it

I don't know whether to mount a 100cm or 80cm dish.

The 100 cm dish I have is as follows

ANTENNA PARABOLA SATELLITARE 100CM ACCIAIO BIANCO EMME ESSE MODELLO 80100A
    ANTENNA PARABOLA SATELLITARE 100CM ACCIAIO BIANCO EMME ESSE MODELLO 80100A
    www.amazon.it

should I install the 100cm or 80cm one? :thinking face:

assembly:

1) I connect the motor to the pole and then mount the dish to the motor.

2) I connect the motor to the dish and then I mount everything to the pole.

what do you recommend me to do? :thinking face:

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• viper82

Changed the title of the thread from “info correct motorized dish installation” to “info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish”.
  • A bigger dish is always better, you will struggle with some feeds with only a 1m dish

Mount dish to motor, then mount both to pole.

Ok, thank you,

Is the dish I have good for that motor I bought?

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

• Official Post

That motor is a good make and supports dishes up to 120cm :thumbs up:

The satellite dish above i am not familiar with, but the manufacturer website looks very professional.

Feed hunters prefer fiberglass dishes, as they last many many years and never rust, also you can find cheap 2nd hand dishes for very little money.

I bought my 1.2m channel master for £35. Recently i saw 1.8m channel master sell for under £100. These dishes were 10 to 20 times that price new.

If you have the space for it buy the biggest dish you can find, but anything over 1.2m and you will need satellite actuators, and disquet controller, not usuals motors.

• That motor is a good make and supports dishes up to 120cm :thumbs up:

The satellite dish above i am not familiar with, but the manufacturer website looks very professional.

Feed hunters prefer fiberglass dishes, as they last many many years and never rust, also you can find cheap 2nd hand dishes for very little money.

I bought my 1.2m channel master for £35. Recently i saw 1.8m channel master sell for under £100. These dishes were 10 to 20 times that price new.

If you have the space for it buy the biggest dish you can find, but anything over 1.2m and you will need satellite actuators, and disquet controller, not usuals motors.

thank you very much, very kind as always,

p.s. the engine will arrive on March 17th

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• In the settings of the: GT MEIDA V8 Finder 2 Sat Finder. In Loop Search I can insert 4 frequencies which I insert to understand the quality of the overall signal, which one do you recommend? (primary satellite is 16E)

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

• Can anyone please explain to me what this means?

why does it show type 1, type 2, type 3 ?

• Since you post images from am@zon.it, I assume you are Italian. :winking face:

Having said that, in the meantime that the "material" arrives, read this guide which was very useful to me when I found myself in the same situation as you (A.D. 2012). :nerd face:

1) Guida montaggio e puntamento motori diseqc-USALS by KAKTUS.pdf

Vu⁺ Solo² (OBH 5.3.xxx) & Vu⁺ Zero (OBH 5.3.xxx in fallback) - Vu⁺ USB Tuner DTT T2/C Turbo - Amiko Viper 4K v40 (OBH 5.3.xxx)

- Dish Fracarro R0100APX5G - Inverto Black Ultra Single 0,2 - Rotor PowerTech DG380 (39.0° E ÷ 30.0° W)

Colui che chiede è stupido un minuto, colui che non chiede è stupido tutta la vita.

Those who ask are stupid for a minute, those who don't ask are stupid for life.

motor.jpg

Can anyone please explain to me what this means?

motor.jpg

Hi, there are several standard proposals which are related to the size of the mast, it is marked, 42,50,57 mm.....if you are already having trouble understanding the principle from the start, I wish you good luck for the installation, knowing that the larger the dish, the more the opening towards the signal is restricted........

Can anyone please explain to me what this means?

motor.jpg

motor.jpg

Hi, there are several standard proposals which are related to the size of the mast, it is marked, 42,50,57 mm.....if you are already having trouble understanding the principle from the start, I wish you good luck for the installation, knowing that the larger the dish, the more the opening towards the signal is restricted........

He didn't tell me why there's this difference in the manual :thinking face:

• Since you post images from am@zon.it, I assume you are Italian. :winking face:

Having said that, in the meantime that the "material" arrives, read this guide which was very useful to me when I found myself in the same situation as you (A.D. 2012). :nerd face:

1) Guida montaggio e puntamento motori diseqc-USALS by KAKTUS.pdf

i already printed this guide, but in that guide it doesn't refer as in the manual " type 1, type 2, type 3 "

• Don't worry about it, especially think about the setting of the highest sat and then your east and west ends and a strictly straight mast on 2 planes..... anyway, we will always be here to help you within our capabilities....

• Don't worry about it, especially think about the setting of the highest sat and then your east and west ends and a strictly straight mast on 2 planes..... anyway, we will always be here to help you within our capabilities....

Thank you

• At what distance should the dish be fixed to the motor arm?

• it doesn't matter that, you put your dish about in the middle of the arm and quite straight compared to the line of the middle of the engine and that's it.... If you do everything right , it's not very complicated, the main thing is a straight mast, after the rest it comes by itself if it's clear in front of your house.....

• Official Post

As kashmir says it is not really complicated and much easier when using a usual's motor.

TBH i prefer to use an app on my phone when setting up a dish, but a good quality meter is just as good.

The elevation and dish inclination angles should be in the manual for your motor.

It is vitally important to have a level pole to mount the motor to.

T and K brackets are recommended with a strong 2 inch diameter pole (like a scaffold tube)

Line of sight to the satellite's you want to receive is also important, preferably mount the dish on a south facing wall ( to give you the full arc from 70 east to 34 west)

i typically align the dish on 0.8w first, then on 39e and 30w to get the best out of the full arc.

This website will help with alignment

DishPointer - Align your satellite dish

• unfortunately today there is 33km/h wind, I will have to wait for Saturday to be able to assemble everything, I also took a signal meter to help me find the signal

• once I have connected the motor to the pole and the satellite dish to the motor, with the motor off can I connect the detector and look for the signal with the motor off? (move entire block to capture the primary satellite "16e")

I attach image

1200px-Parabola-con-motore.jpg

• You could do.

But signal on 16e is strong so not much use for getting it accurate.

my reference satellite is 16E, so I will first have to hook up to 16E and then proceed with the engine and target the extreme satellites, but before using the engine I wanted to use the signal detector connected only to the lnb.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!