info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,900 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• If you will have better results or signal with dish 80 cm , do it the same thing with new dish , but we will see tomorow.

I know that you will solved your "problem" with new dish. :goodluck:

I think so too, this 100 dish just bought I don't know why but it has always given problems, mounted on the pole aimed at 13E the maximum signal I could find was 60% maximum 70% with an 80cm dish always mounted on the same pole, same lnb , same cable, the signal is 91%.

With a larger dish, shouldn't it increase and give a better signal? :thinking face:

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• dish and motor set up on thor 1 west 100% signal quality the wall bracet or ground pool mast bee 100% line up the dish on set up dipend on your location an you will receive all satellite from 50 east to 50 west

I did not understand

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

• Your quality of signals are good , but must be better on 16 E. Try to up elevation of your dish and check frequency 11554 V 30000.

This frequency is the strongest on this satellite. Signal must be near 100% , with my dish 85 is about 97 - 99 %.

• He does not want to align to 0.8W!

He wants to align it with his southmost sat.

Think about it like this: Someone in Asia or Americas wont even see 0.8W.

0.0 degrees does not equate to 0 on the motor. The software sets 0 at his centre, which looks to be 16.0E.

This is how USALS works

• Your quality of signals are good , but must be better on 16 E. Try to up elevation of your dish and check frequency 11554 V 30000.

This frequency is the strongest on this satellite. Signal must be near 100% , with my dish 85 is about 97 - 99 %.

now is snr: 78%/80% agc 99%

now is snr: 11.5 db / 11.8 db agc 99%

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• currently with the 100 dish more than the quality that I managed to get I can't,

tomorrow with a new 80 dish I'll try and check everything, first I'll start with setting 16E as the primary satellite.

• Go here. Put the marker where your dish is. Go through the sats and see which is most south. I think it will be 16.0E.

Whatever has most straight line on map is your centre.

I have always used dishpointer as mentioned in the previous post

• It doesn't matter what you use, you just need to figure out which is the highest sat in your arc.

my latitude is 17 i noticed that in dishpointer there is satellite 17E amos-17

• So 17E is your centre/southmost/highest sat.

Yes 17 is my center , I didn't understand what you mean with : ( southmost/highest sat.)

• While I think 17E is technically your centre, can you actually view it? If you cant, you pick the next closest one.

Southmost = most south direction

Highest = the highest sat in the sky

I don't have Bouquet of 17E . Do you have Bouquet of 17E?

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• I made this to show the importance of setting your middle.

This image is rotated 1 degree around the 0.0E point...

pasted-from-clipboard.png

See how there is the same error at both ends of the arc where they don't line up?

But if I rotate around 42E the error becomes much more serious on the right side of the arc...

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Remember this is just 1 degree of error. This is why it is important to get the centre for your location.

• All images are blurry and blurry, nothing can be read

• https://www.lyngsat.com/Amos-17.html

I had asked Bouquet TV to be inserted in the decoder

• They are supposed to be blurry to show the error.

That's the point!

Nobody is going to align their dish perfectly.

Its better to align to your centre because then everything within ~40 degrees either side is likely going to be acceptable.

• Forget Amos 17 E. This satellite is for Western Africa and cannot be watched in Europe. For you is Eutelsat 16 E. I will quoted here

what I found on one forum on my language. Copied and translated for better understandig how to adjust motorized dish.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!