info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,808 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• how can you explain the fact that with a 100 dish the signal was poor and with an 80 dish the signal is excellent? :thinking face:

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• You must be having fun. You will need to look carefully at the face of each dish, i.e the front and try to spot indentations or warping, and you would need to stand each dish side by side and look along each one to spot any discrepancies. The signal from each sat will hit the dish in different locations so at 30w something is amiss with the 100cm.

In now depends how humg up you are on fixing the 100cm, I think the 80 is galvanised steel so harder to dent, the 100cm is aluminium is very easy to dent.

The best time to align a dish is on a cloudy day as signal will be weaker so rig has to be spot on but I think weather is quite good where you are?

Do you know how to access USALS from you armchair and tweak it while on say 30w with 100cm?

You can also place dish face down on a flat surface and see if the whole of the dish makes contact with the surface, no gaps a big pane of glass would best!!

Edited once, last by claihew ().

• Problem solved, thank you all for your support :Cheers Big Ears:

N.B. The problem encountered was the very very heavy dish, the motor was unable to maintain the correct weight and position for effective pointing, removing the heavy 100 dish by inserting a much much lighter 80 dish the problem was solved.

:sparkling heart: I sincerely thank all those who have helped and supported me in the smallest details on this adventure :sparkling heart:

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• viper82 , as asked what was the problem please share information because some other members may one day have same problem and that

is for me whole point of a forum to just say problem solved personaly is does not help considering the good members on here that did try to help.

• What was the problem?

The problem encountered was the very very heavy dish, the motor was unable to maintain the correct weight and position for effective pointing, removing the heavy 100 dish by inserting a much much lighter 80 dish the problem was solved

• viper82 , as asked what was the problem please share information because some other members may one day have same problem and that

is for me whole point of a forum to just say problem solved personaly is does not help considering the good members on here that did try to help.

The problem encountered was the very very heavy dish, the motor was unable to maintain the correct weight and position for effective pointing, removing the heavy 100 dish by inserting a much much lighter 80 dish the problem was solved

• Hello folks. Nice to get in touch with u all first. :-)

Does anybody have issue with dcss (broadcaster provided) LNB and use USALS functionallity?

I have an OS 4k+ and no chance to get my motor dish working. If I connect VU+DUO2 it works correctly. Standard 100cm aluminum dish.

I'm not opening another thread because if we fix the issue we can put as open post, Universal and Unicable LNB setup,

thank in advance to everybody.

Chhers

Vu+ Duo2, Open BlackHole 5.3, USALS, Inverto Universal LNB :smiling face with sunglasses:

OS Mio 4k+, Open ATV 7.3, Broadcaster dCss LNB, USALS fails :wtaf:

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

LNB: Inverto Black Ultra, Inverto Black Ultra Quad

Edited 2 times, last by hondasat ().

• Official Post

See that on a few STB's (not just os 4k) i have had to use a Low Power LNB to solve the issue before.

• Thanks a lot jensen, much apreciate your reply. Can you share some model of low power dcss LNB. please?

thanks

Vu+ Duo2, Open BlackHole 5.3, USALS, Inverto Universal LNB :smiling face with sunglasses:

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

• Official Post

these are some of the LNB's that i have used (but i have tested several others too, basically use a good name branded LNB that has "Low Power" )

TM-1 Gold
    www.technomate.com

Single Universal 40mm PLL LNB
    Single Universal 40mm PLL LNB
    inverto.tv

The Inverto with 4g filter above is currently my preferred LNB for use on weak signals.

• I love the Inverto brand and use only those one. Simply Fantastic. Running now for 15years+ did not lost 0.1db. Great.

But as I wrote, my problem is with a dCss LNB and not the Universal one. can u share some one? I'll look to Inverto website for some dCss Low power one.

Simply with dCss LNB (provider bundled...) I can not drive USALS my satellite dish.

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

Edited once, last by hondasat ().

• Official Post

hondasat

Sorry i completely missed the dCss part of your issue!! These are the digital stacking type LNB's

what provider is this from ? Is this a unicable LNB ? Has the LNB got a legacy port like some do ??

This is now looking more like on OS mio Driver issue..... as it works on your other STB (well in fact the low power issue i mentioned is also driver related)

This is an example of an LNB with a legacy port

GT-Sat GT-S1DCSS24 SCR/dCSS Single Cable Unicable II LNB SCR24 with 1x Legacy Outputs

• jenseneverest

what provider is this from ?

sly italia (bundled with set top box which can use only dcss)

Is this a unicable LNB ?

Yes, it's a dCSS UX157B LNBF (Shengyang Science@Technology)

Has the LNB got a legacy port like some do ??

No, 1 output dcss only

with a legacy output no problem at all using USALS.

Unfortunately I must use the dcss signal to keep both in parallel (via splitter) working. I tried everything including connecting directly to receiver with the shortest cable possible to reduce mA loss, but no luck.

And indeed it is a driver issue, next step will be taking note of some model dispayed in the enigma2 LNB configuration page and buy it. Maybe drivers are specific for that model and it works, maybe. Need to try.

If I ll fix it I will share with the community. It may help somebody else.

If someone or you has some other hints I'm here to read it.

Thansk again jenseneverest and all.

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

• Official Post

Unicable LNBs are designed for a satellite pointed at a fixed position and connected to several tuners/receivers. I doubt this is a driver issue.

If you set it as designed, does it work? Italian unicable uses frequencies that are different to other countries. Have you checked that you are selecting the correct frequencies for the LNB?

• abu baniaz

yes as I said, If I set to a fixed position, it works fine across the four channels.

Setting up the tuner as Advanced then Unicable/SCR, etc the USALS does not work, dish does not move.

If I plug the DUO2 with same tuner config, same image, same channel list, etc...dish move regularly.

Thanks

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

• ok but why Duo2 handle it correctly then? (work in USALS with dCSS).

POWERTEK DG 240 S

Satellite dish 110cm

Edited once, last by hondasat ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!