info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,911 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• - mount it on the antenna so that it stands directly behind it when you look from behind, neither to the left nor to the right.

I did not uunderstand

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• 16E looks most south. It certainly wouldn't be 0.8W I don't think. Its 0.8W in UK

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Hello everyone, FYI, it's the longitude you need to report on your engine and for you, given the rendering, it's not 17.... but 1.7, so you have to stick to this sat. ....to 1.9 https://fr.kingofsat.net/pos-1.9E.php

For example at home the longitude was 6.7 and I was not looking for a sat at 67 degrees, but as said above, at 7° east.....

• 16E looks most south. It certainly wouldn't be 0.8W I don't think. Its 0.8W in UK

Hello everyone, FYI, it's the longitude you need to report on your engine and for you, given the rendering, it's not 17.... but 1.7, so you have to stick to this sat. ....to 1.9 https://fr.kingofsat.net/pos-1.9E.php

For example at home the longitude was 6.7 and I was not looking for a sat at 67 degrees, but as said above, at 7° east.....

my Longitude: 17.xxxx° why does it say my longitude is not 17? :thinking face:

that image you see is not mine

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• The closest satellite according to your longitude is always searched and please don't confuse author of the topic about mount the dish on 0.8W , 1.7 or 1.9 satellite position. About the quote who you didn't undestand I translated better

When you look at the motor from behind, the motor arm and the dish must be in the same direction

that is, the motor and the dish must be directed towards the satellite in the same direction.

• The closest satellite according to your longitude is always searched and please don't confuse author of the topic about mount the dish on 0.8W , 1.7 or 1.9 satellite position. About the quote who you didn't undestand I translated better

When you look at the motor from behind, the motor arm and the dish must be in the same direction

that is, the motor and the dish must be directed towards the satellite in the same direction.

Ah ok, unfortunately I can't look at the engine from behind alone at the dish frontally, (everything is installed on the pole looking at everything frontally, there is a vacuum on the back)

here is a demonstration image, (I don't remember the satellite hooked up when the photo was taken, image inserted to make the situation of the dish understand that it cannot be operated from behind the mtore as there is a vacuum)

If you are suggesting that 1.9E should be my centre in the UK, that is wrong. 0.8W is the most south at my location.

• The satellites that interest me are the following: 7E / 9E / 10E / 13E / 16E / 19.2E / 28.2E / 30W. These are the main satellites that interest me.

Can you tell me for each satellite the frequencies to test to understand the overall signal on each satellite? Can you tell me for each satellite listed the lowest frequencies to verify the signal. I think that if on a low frequency I will have an excellent signal, all the other following frequencies will be better, so as to have an excellent signal for each satellite.

if possible have this:

7E -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

9e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

10e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

13e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

16e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

19.2e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

28.2e -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

30w -- ( frequency ) -- srn= (the power you should have on that frequency)

in doing so I try to reach that signal strength or at least get as close as possible, and in addition I will immediately have a picture of the situation if I am proceeding correctly.

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

• I think having a target to aim for is a bad idea. Just get the signal as high as possible with your equipment and ability at your location.

Ok, but not knowing for example the 7E is a strong satellite that in my part I should hook strong or not, in order not to stay there maybe many days to try to increase the signal it is maybe that satellite more than that signal is not possible.

p.s. I got a new 80 dish that I will mount tomorrow

• If you use Lyngsat it uses your location and a colour coded system to say if you are in the footprint/footprint centre etc.

You should only care about your centre sat to begin with. Get the signal as high as possible on that and the rest will work... As long as you set angles correctly.

Don't try to configure the motor/sat up on the ladder.

Set the motor angle and mount the dish as precise as possible on the ground first (using the data in the manual), then never adjust them again.

I saw your photo and it looks like you have been sliding around the motor angle because its all scratched up.

The only adjustment you should be making is the whole thing around the pole.

Once that is set you can fine tune the dish angle tiny amounts.

Only adjust here...

All "x" should be set following the manual first and left alone.

• Ok, I'll do that tomorrow morning, Thank you

• viper82

7 east and feeds will be hard on a 80cm dish.

My 80cm dish only finds very few feeds, much more are received on the 1.2m

120 dish?

• This might help

s://satlex.de/en/azel_calc.html

16e.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• for 16e which channel should I start with for pointing

• One question, if I bring the engine to "0" I insert the cable that connects to the decoder I connect it directly to the lnb (engine off) I position the whole engine block and dish aiming and perfecting the signal at 16E once the greatest signal of 16E is reached i reconnect the decoder cable to the motor, i tell the motor go to 16E. there I should just move all the block towards 16E. I can do it?

I ask these questions in order to be able to install correctly right away.

In the engine manual it says:

1) You site latitudine 40 elevation angle 50 declination angle 6.3 disk bracket angle 23.7

2) You site latitudine 41 elevation angle 49 declination angle 6.4 disk bracket angle 23.6

My latitude is 40.5 so, what should I take into account 1) or 2) what does it mean declination angle?

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

• The declination angle is a technical parameter and cannot be adjusted as such. Only the bracked angle of your longitude on the motor and the elevation angle of the dish are needed. Only with these two parameters you can improve the signal. I hope you are doing well. For the LNB, it is recommended to be as far from the center of the dish as possible (forward/backward movement) on bracket if it has any effect, but it is usually placed somewhere "in the middle".

• The declination angle is a technical parameter and cannot be adjusted as such. Only the bracked angle of your longitude on the motor and the elevation angle of the dish are needed. Only with these two parameters you can improve the signal. I hope you are doing well. For the LNB, it is recommended to be as far from the center of the dish as possible (forward/backward movement) on bracket if it has any effect, but it is usually placed somewhere "in the middle".

ok Thank you,

photos taken a few minutes ago.

Did I place it correctly?

1.jpg 2.jpg

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!