info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,904 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• You could do.

But signal on 16e is strong so not much use for getting it accurate.

why with a 100 dish the signal of 16E and on 58 with an 80 dish the signal on 16E and of 70?

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• Official Post

Poor alignment

But you need to be using the same LNB and STB to do a comparison

I am also assuming the dish's are in exactly the same place.

Have you got the new dish up now ?

• Poor alignment

But you need to be using the same LNB and STB to do a comparison

I am also assuming the dish's are in exactly the same place.

Have you got the new dish up now ?

All identical, the only thing different is the satellite dish, same pole perfectly level, same motor, same lnb, with the 100 one the signal on 16 and poor with the 80 one the signal is much better,

there should be no difference right?

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• Official Post

If all you have done is replace dish you will still need to align it

They will have different signal peaks

Like I said best to align it on weak signals first.

Some pictures of your setup would help

• I don't have motorized dish , but I will try to help you. You must adjusted your motorized dish according to the latitude and longitude

of your city or town. According to the longitude of your city , true south is required to adjust the dish. The tilt of the hand ( arm ) of your

satellite motor is the latitude of your city or town. What is your exactly longitude and latitude ? Maybe will help this site.

Satellite Dish Pointer with Google Maps, Location Detection

• I don't have motorized dish , but I will try to help you. You must adjusted your motorized dish according to the latitude and longitude

of your city or town. According to the longitude of your city , true south is required to adjust the dish. The tilt of the hand ( arm ) of your

satellite motor is the latitude of your city or town. What is your exactly longitude and latitude ? Maybe will help this site.

https://en.dishpointer.eu/

I've never used that site, I use this site https://www.dishpointer.com/

• Hello everyone, Panda555 is right, normally you have to see the basic setting with your longitude, for example at home for me it was around 6.80 est....so if it corresponds to an existing sat you take it, otherwise you choose closest .... for my part I took the sat turk at 7° east, it was the closest to my exact south ....

• Why this site isn't good , maybe is even better than yours. You can't adjust satellite 16 E as first , because isn't your central satellite

if you underastand me. Depending on your longitude find the nearest satellite and adjust the dish accordingly.

• Official Post

Regardless of what satellite you begin with there is very little point to using strong signal for setting up a motorised dish that spans a full arc.

For example in SE UK I can get 16east on my 60cm mesh dish. It is useless to set up on 16e unless you only want one satellite.

• Regardless of what satellite you begin with there is very little point to using strong signal for setting up a motorised dish that spans a full arc.

For example in SE UK I can get 16east on my 60cm mesh dish. It is useless to set up on 16e unless you only want one satellite.

I was told that to set up the motorized dish you have to start with the satellite closest to my longitude, my longitude is 17° and therefore my reference satellite will be 16E.

this I was told :man shrugging:

• Installation:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Signals

DAS ERSTE HD 19.2E : signal fluctuates from SNR 87/89%

RTSH 16E: signal fluctuates from SNR 60/63%

RSI LA1 HD 13E : signal fluctuates from SNR 81/83%

RTL HD 9E : signal fluctuates from SNR 78/80%

4U TV HD 7E : signal fluctuates from SNR 78/80%

AUST. COMEDY AND DRAMA 15.0W : signal fluctuates from SNR 33/35%

CUBAVISION INTER 30.0W : signal SNR 0%

I noticed that taking the dish by making a little pressure from left to right the signal is also present at 30W with power 60/70, (by doing this little pressure the motor arm moves) leaving the dish at 30w it does not give a signal.

Could it depend on the weight of the dish that unbalances the motor? (the dish weighs 20kg)

• Official Post

Good post :goodpost1:

Others may disagree with me, and i am not a professional satellite installer, only a hobbyist, but i have 3 motorised dishes and have moved house 7 times in 20 years so have done it more than once....

The fact you have 0 signal on 30 west tells me your settings are still way out, 30 West is a strong satellite as well !! I receive good signal with my 80cm dish there

28, 19, 16, 13, 9 east are all strong satellites don not even bother testing on those.

First and foremost make sure your usuals setting on your STB are correct for your long and latitude. Make sure you do not mix up east and west.

You will see i am very close to 0 longitude so if i get east and west wrong i still get signal on some sats!!

kiuhefkjhdriu.jpg

The fact you have good signal on some sats means you are not that far out.

What you say about bending the dish face in a certain direction is exactly right and is how you fine tune it.

But you need to that with 3 satellites as far east / west as possible and one in the middle.

That is why i said to use 0.8w - 30w and 39east.

You need to get good signal on all 3 of those sats to give you good signal everywhere else, the full arc.

once you are happy with those 3 sats you can fine tune even more on hard signals, say 21.5 east and 8west.

• screenshot-20230318182933.jpg

could it depend on the weight of the dish?

• Official Post

I doubt it, you are still 20cm smaller than maximum dish size. which is probably another 10kg's in weight.

But if you started on 16e as your Zero point, then dish will be way over to the west when trying to get signal at 30w.

For me the motor should be on 0 when starting close to real due south, which is roughly the 0.8w satellite i suggested you begin with.

• I doubt it, you are still 20cm smaller than maximum dish size. which is probably another 10kg's in weight.

But if you started on 16e as your Zero point, then dish will be way over to the west when trying to get signal at 30w.

For me the motor should be on 0 when starting close to real due south, which is roughly the 0.8w satellite i suggested you begin with.

so i have to start with 0.8w?

should the motor be at 0 or 0.8w?

example 1: motor at 0 and point the parable at 0.8w?

example 2: motor at 0.8w and point the parabola at 0.8w?

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• As it is set now, going to 0.8w with frequency (12034.0 MHz V 30000 3/4 8psk 0.8°w) the signal is: snr 67 agc 98 ber 0

8w.jpg

frequency (11938.0 MHz h 28000 7/8 qpsk 0.8°w) the signal is: snr 80 agc 94 ber 0

frequency (10778.0......) the signal is: snr 0 agc 0 ber 0

frequency (11996.0......) the signal is: snr 77 agc 98 ber 0

frequency (12188.0......) the signal is: snr 70 agc 98 ber 0

frequency (11843.0......) the signal is: snr 70 agc 97 ber 0

frequency (12188.0......) the signal is: snr 70/72 agc 98 ber 0

frequency (11325.0......) the signal is: snr 0 agc 0 ber 0

frequency (10934.0......) the signal is: snr 0 agc 0 ber 0

frequency (10903.0......) the signal is: snr 0 agc 0 ber 0

frequency (11229.0......) the signal is: snr 0 agc 0 ber 0

frequency (12418.0......) the signal is: snr 58/63 agc 98 ber 0

frequency (12207.0......) the signal is: snr 70/72 agc 99 ber 0

frequency (12054.0......) the signal is: snr 72 agc 98 ber 0

frequency (11977.0......) the signal is: snr 66/67 agc 95 ber 0

What frequency do you recommend to use for the start?

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

• Official Post

Yes that is where i always start 0.8w

Reset you motor before setting up again, as if starting from new again.

Motor should then be driven to 0.8w (some motors have digital displays on the actual motor - i am not sure about your one? )

Fine tune for best signal on 0.8w on both H and V transponders try channel U tv (12687 H 27500) and channel Al Jazeera English (12418 V 28000) both are free channels.

Then drive motor to 30west and check for signal ,then to 39 east, and check for signal.

If there is no signal at 30w or 39e then bend dish face up or down to try for signal, that will tell you which way to adjust the motor latitude.

Go back to 0.8 west and check for signal. If signal is reduced, fine tune parabolic (dish face) elevation.

Repeat this process several times, between all 3 satellites' until you have good signal on all 3.

When you do, then you should have good signal everywhere, the full satellite arc.

• Ok thanks tomorrow morning I do that Currently if I push the dish up I have 70% signal on 30w and other satellites w. So if I push the dish up what should I do?

• I think that you must first adjust your central satellite on 16 E. Also you must choose one of weak channel or transponder

on these satellit. Go to Pink transponder ( 11139 V 27500 ). My signal with dish Gibertini 85 is 57 - 58%. Your signal must be stronger.

Channel signal strength on some satellites as orient for you.

Astra 19 E

ARD 96%

RTL HD 83%

TV5 MONDE EUROPE HD 89%

Eutelsat 16 E

Arenasport 1 HD 76%

Arenasport 4 HD 98%

HRT 1 HD 86%

Eutelsat 13E

RAI UNO HD 81%

ITALIA1 HD 89%

RSI LA1 HD 89%

POLSAT SPORT NEWS HD 92%

ARTE HD 88%

Eutelsat 9 E

CCTV Dokumentary 96%

AFN 90%

Eutelsat 7 E

Zagros TV 93%

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!