Which of the 2 sat boxes do you recommend. I want to watch satellite and possibly terrestrial tv on the box.

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 868 times. The last Post () by Talks.

• The main boxes I have at the moment is a VU+ Zero 4K and the old model Z gemma 7S. I would like good support and good images to install which the existing VU+ and Z Gemma box both have.

It will be used for streaming off the internet, possibly terrestrial tv to enable me to record it. A bonus if catchup services could be recorded.

I thought of a Z Gemma 9 or top choice for me an Octagon SF8008 as it seems a good price. I watch in 4K when I can. I would like the best picture quality I can get for the money.

Please recommend what you think of the two and suggest another if you think its better. Both of these are well supported with backup images.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• I feel the SF8008 is NOT the way to go, It is very choosey about which image to use on it & the same with softcam Oscam,

On my SF8008 When purchased came with Image OpenAtv, 6.4 & The oscam version 11711, so when trying to update the Image to the OpenAtv 7.2 I found this to be very unstable same with Oscam 11718, Assuming it came with OpenAtv. 6.4 & oscam I thought to stick with OpenAtv and update to 7.2 BUT it was as said very unstable & slow on so called quick zap and crashed a few times with 7.2 Image & oscam 11718, so i reflashed the SF8008 to the very Stable OpenAtv 6.4 & then Oscam 11718 had no problems at all and all was alot better with all said.

If your going to get another box then have a rethink about the SF8008 IT Is not as good as the two boxs you already have, If looking for a third box then maybe you should look at the Zgemma H7C this is twin cable tuner & 1 sat tuner still as a triple tuner & still way better for having a 2.5 Hard drive same you find in sales with laptop hard drives so 100% better than a mini sd drive that fits in that horrid slot and they say you can go upto a 500gb sd card mmmm sorry but with a Laptop type drive fitted inside the Zgemma H7C then it can be fitted with a 1 or 2 TB hard drive so that would be better to use for your purposes as catchup TV or recording.

Just my Opinion and helps you to decide which third receiver to go for when purchasing.

Regards Talks.

Edited once, last by Talks ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!