GTMEDIA GT COMBO (Android+DVB-S/S2/S2X+T/T2/Cable/ISDBT)

There are 63 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,708 times. The last Post () by rush1.

• If it is separated, it is equivalent to developing it once on Linux, so the code efficiency will indeed be much higher. But the current architecture is Android, and the workload would be too much to change. I’m afraid we have no plans to do this.

• If the developers are interested then supply the dvb drivers and we could have enigma2 run on it. IMO it would be much better with e2 running rather than android.

The DVB app is constantly an issue, currently mine is crashing right from start up (on latest image) and it has gone back in a cupboard out of frustration.

It also looks like mars firmware is never going to happen, so it is currently collecting dust.

Android's architecture is indeed too inefficient, but the SDK provided by the original chip manufacturer is for Android, and we don't have the resources to start over with Linux.
    We are working hard to solve the current problems. Version 27 will be released soon, and several errors in version 26 have been corrected.
    The Mars version has been suspended for some reasons.

• Some device work on android 7 like beout recivers work on CoreELEC beside android main system and gt combo dont work like these stbs and all are android. Also this is diffecult to make reciver on android 9 work like recivers on android 7.

• Good morning everyone and congratulations for the work, including our friends and developers at Linxsat who are always attentive and ready to participate in various important and current projects. If not or if I misunderstood, will the Mars firmware be launched for this decoder too?

• Good morning everyone and congratulations for the work, including our friends and developers at Linxsat who are always attentive and ready to participate in various important and current projects. If not or if I misunderstood, will the Mars firmware be launched for this decoder too?

Good morning toni as said above it susbended for some reasons

• Some device work on android 7 like beout recivers work on CoreELEC beside android main system and gt combo dont work like these stbs and all are android. Also this is diffecult to make reciver on android 9 work like recivers on android 7.

Well, some receivers may use dual systems of linux and android. The function of DVB is developed under the Linux system.

• We have actually considered this problem, but the amount of code is too large and needs to be sorted out, and the compilation environment is also complicated. If the SDK is to be opened, it may only be open in a targeted manner.
    By the way, do you have the development conditions and compilation environment for this kind of code?

depends..are you referring to Android Studio? Cross compilers? considering the amount of people in this forum that are able to cross compile enigma images and various plugins (including oscam...) I don't see a big deal managing the SDK

We will consider this matter. The SDK code size is relatively large, and we have not yet figured out how to release it, how to maintain it, and how to return user code to the mainline.

you can use git (or equivalent) so who is interested can downlod it, modify parts and submit pull request and you will review it. But of course...you have to enable adb debug back :winking face:

• Hi GTMedia

I have GTCombo device. I have an issue with multichannel audio (DTS, Dolby Digital...) . It works perfectly on version C20.A9.1.19 and after that version, I cannot get multichannel audio via hdmi or SPDIF optical. The media has multichannel sound, the settings in Device settings sounds is Manual select (what my receiver supported) , and Droid settings Audio output is set to Line and manual (with all selected format supported). Everything works fine on version 1.19. Can you check this on firmware? Or if my settings is incorrect, tell me how to set it up for Dolby Digital output (via HDMI or SPDIF). Currently I have installed version 1.27

• GTMedia

I found a fresh bug on the latest combo firmware, if you try to export or import the channel list, once done after clicking exit it will tune the first channel in the "ALL" list, no matter if you have a motor and the channel is on another sat making the motor move in vain... I know I don't export or import channel list frequenti but it's very annoying

• any news here? at this point I guess you definitely gave up with the development of the combo? maybe too much money from mars so you are no longer focused on Combo? Not sure what the future will be for gtmedia, ZERO support, firmwares full of bugs because no one is testing them, your official forum left to its own destiny with people posting spam thread.... I don't see a bright 2024 but I may be wrong considering that there are a couple of months left before Chinese New Year.

ps: the bug with mute is still present

ps2: what about the project of public SDK?

• Here my grain of salt for E2 development.

Linux license require all manufactures to Post Open Sources for their Linux kernels. Sure many manufactures opt to not provide opens sources for private drivers, but instead they do supply private closed source binary blobs. And most manufactures opt to post WORKING kernel sources on github together with vendor specific extra requirements.

Once the sources are in github the Satellite community pick ups the work of developing none official firmware like E2.

There is no rocket science on this. Only willingness for a specific manufacturer to join what the rest of the satellite community does.

• ....we don't have the resources to start over with Linux...

Just in case you have not realize. Android runs on top of Linux Kernel. So you do have the kernel sources on your hand right now. I guess there will be also a need for any special command we may be required to address for you particular Tuner/demodulator/frontend model or any other vendor specific device.

Listen, most likely GTMedia may not need to even get involve, The kernel sources and its drivers can come from the manufacturer that provides your boards or even the manufacturer of the tuner and any other special/specific device that is not part of mainland Linux.

I do not own a GTMEDIA GT COMBO jet. And there is little found on the net. But I had run across some good thread, like one in UK where a bunch of guys report that the COMBO have a pretty sensitive tuner, one that picks transponders and opens channels where other best sold receiver fail to pick! Plus they seems to like 4.2.2 limited capabilities, one that no other ARM device is capable.

I also found Russians forums where they seems pretty interested as with US/EU do not let them buy from America or Europe.

Finally is an affordable device to purchase.

What is missing is that is close source. If we could at least get the basics Kernel/device drivers/vendor blobs then this can easily become a very popular device.

• Official Post

Indeed the tuner is sensitive on weak signals, 4.2.2 is useless unless a very low bitrate feed.

If the manufacture could provide :

an e2 boot partition, dvb drivers, a patch for icam.... and access to its biss server....it could be a great little box (i wont hold my breath lol )

• We invite GT MEDIA to collaborate with our professionals because it is in everyone's interest, given that the gtc combos and being good products remain completely unused given the price they cost.

• Indeed the tuner is sensitive on weak signals, 4.2.2 is useless unless a very low bitrate feed.

If the manufacture could provide :

an e2 boot partition, dvb drivers, a patch for icam.... and access to its biss server....it could be a great little box (i wont hold my breath lol )

Please focus, Lets do it step by step. Easy part first. And in any case what Linux Kernel licensee require: Kernel sources and drivers

Preferable posted at github so any one can start from there.

Plus they seems to like 4.2.2 limited capabilities, one that no other ARM device is capable.

this can be achieved in other decoders as well...what you need is a powerful CPU a no one has (you need a computer)

they are using ffmpeg cpu real time transcoding, a sort of "stream relay", I guess this can be done on enigma as well, unfortunately I don't have an enigma decoder powerful enough, mine cannot even use stream releay :(

for biss I don't think they should share any detail because running a serve with GPU costs lot of money, it is not fair to share the source code so you can see how to make requests (hint..they are somehow calculating a key/checksum starting from decoder id in a way I could not figure out)

• @rush1

I mention 4.2.2, just to show there are hobbyist that will love that. Yes a powerful CPU. GTCombo has an average CPU. New GTXCOMBO has a better CPU/Memory capabilities.

Just to be clear.

In my case

I like current CTCOMBO as it is: AU BISS, MARS and LACAM capabilities. Like I said I do not have one but plan to have one for near future. About ALL I like the fact that have a sensitive tuner. And that has an affordable price. For the future, I will like to have this unit running multi-boot bootloader. So that I can run ALSO Enigma E2 on it. So I can have the BEST of BOTH Worlds. A close firmware with all its features, PLUSS an open source E2 for all my regular needs.

Other previous post

Clearly MOST if not all that posted earlier where Interested in just running E2 to make this receiver respond Faster. Some are even tire of having to constantly reset / power up the unit. It is known that Android receivers get in trouble because they allow a bunch of none essential programs to run ALL at same time, witch finally result in running out of memory or even CPU capacities. You may ask then: Why Android? Because there are more Android users that love the easy to use and how easy to add new applications. Yes, for those users E2 is a complicated thing!!

So hopefully we can convince GTMedia to allow us to get kernel and drivers as this should not be hard for them. Hopefully in the following weeks I will receive my unit. And if others agree we could find a way to multiboot to the external SDCARD. And from there we can try to develop E2 or even convince some of the current firmware developers to include this unit in their builds.

GTMedia

PLEASE give us a chance by providing kernel + driver sources. Thanks in advance.

GTMEDIA

GTMEDIA Android Support Forum - firmware, tutorials & downloads for GTMEDIA GT Combo & GTMEDIA GTX Combo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!