GTMEDIA GTX Combo (Android9.0+DVB-S2X/S2/S+T2/T+C2/C+ATSC-T+ISDBT+CI Plus+HDD)

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,695 times. The last Post () by IsN0G00d.

• The red part is different from GTCombo
    1.CI Plus 1.4

2.SATA-HDD bracket, PVR

3.10M/100M/1000M ethernet

4.YUV4:2:2 decoding

5.Android 9.0, Amlogic S905X3, RAM 2GB DDR4 + ROM 32GB

6.DVB-S/S2/S2X,ATSC-T1.0/C,DVB-T/T2/C/C2,ISDBT

7.8K H265_Main10 decoder, 4K display

8.Wifi 2.4G/5G+BT4.1, 802.1.1b/g/n/ac

9.PowerVu, BISS auto roll

10.Self-developed online media player GTPLAYER

11.Google Play, GTStore, Netflix, Youtube, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Online Movies

12.GTSHARE, SAT2IP

13.Popular IPTV, CAM protocol and CA cards

• I tested this device and sent it back after 4 hours of test.

I bought it because it was advertised with MPEG4:2:2 decoding. This feature works only on low symbol rates. symbol rates higher than 9000 make problems and cause a complete freeze of the device. The whole user interface is very unstable and support at GTMedia forum is very bad. Lots of software bugs and no solution provided. Also bad: the LNB power supply has not enough power to drive my USALS motor properly. Link to Android smartphone is also not working. Keep your hands away from this device.

• I tested this device and sent it back after 4 hours of test.

I bought it because it was advertised with MPEG4:2:2 decoding. This feature works only on low symbol rates. symbol rates higher than 9000 make problems and cause a complete freeze of the device. The whole user interface is very unstable and support at GTMedia forum is very bad. Lots of software bugs and no solution provided. Also bad: the LNB power supply has not enough power to drive my USALS motor properly. Link to Android smartphone is also not working. Keep your hands away from this device.

Are you talking about the GTCombo model? That was the previous model, and our firmware has been updated several times. Some programs of YUV422 are really not smooth or cannot be played, mainly because the CPU performance of the chip is limited. When encountering such programs, the built-in GTShare can be used to push them to the mobile phone for playback. As for other problems, some do exist, some have been improved, and some may just be problems of use. However, we have been improving the software and OTA upgrades, and I believe it is much more perfect than before.

• Android 9 ?? we are on 14. Which level of certification ??

The next option is Android 14. The DVB product development cycle is relatively long, so it will not follow the update soon. OTT updates are faster.

My friend sometimes ago I buy your GTC combo with android 6 when the android devel was at 9. GtMedia never upgrade the box, at the moment always at 6 and your Os without any certification, main apps no more work.

Old GTC have 2gb ram and s905 CPU that are good for any new android os but GtMedia no release any new upgrade from 2021.

I have a v7pro and v8uhd with mars firmware, that are good and stable software.

Hope on Mars so for this new device.

Regards.

Edited 2 times, last by linch ().

• Our product line is approximately
    GTC (Android 6, released in 2018)
    GT COMBO (Android 9, released in 2021)
    GTX COMBO (Android 9, released in 2023)
    So at present, GTC has stopped updating a year ago, GT COMBO is still releasing updates, and GT COMBO mars software is also under development

• The function is good, the processor is too poor, the response is too slow, it is recommended to take out a flagship box, the processor uses Amlogic s22, memory 4G

It is true that the performance of the chip is not good enough to support the smooth playback of some high-bit-rate YUV422 programs. Higher-end configuration is needed to solve this problem.

GTMEDIA

GTMEDIA Android Support Forum - firmware, tutorials & downloads for GTMEDIA GT Combo & GTMEDIA GTX Combo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!