What is the benefit of flashing to latest software?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 516 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• What is the benefit of flashing to lastest software?

I have Zgemma H9 Combo receiver which is on enigma2 image and opentv 6.2 how do I flash online without losing my current data?

• Well it all depends on what you use your box for.
    Most modern plugin will need modern software images.

Me personally as a plugin designer and skinner have decided I am no longer supporting older python 2.7 images.
    So that means anything older than openatv 7 will probably not be able to update any of my plugins in the near future,

But if the plugins you are using are still working, then you don't have to keep updating to newer images.

It is entirely up to you as the user.

Your box is a little old now and not very powerful compared to modern boxes. (great box in its day though) Maybe time to put some money aside for a new box.

But if you are not clear of the update process I have a setup guide here.
    OpenATV 7.* setup guide by KiddaC

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!