Could someone post the relevant info for setting up a usb hd on the ET 9500 please.

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,289 times. The last Post () by messenmack.

• [
    I thought I may be able to use what was posted for the 9000, but they must have made some changes.

I also can not get my wifi dongle (netgear) to fly, which it does with my laptop, pc, etc.

Any/all help/advice appreciated.

• usb hard drive (HDD) or usb penstickHD ????? either ways both should be instantly recognised by the image you are using... i say shouold be as some images obviously dont have the drivers incorporated + there´s not much you can do about that..
    which image are you using??

• It's a Hitachi 1 TB usb HD, and it's been detected by the box. I see Detected HDD Hitachig(ST)

1000.203 GB,
    953 GB free

Which would lead me to believe that it's something minor stopping me using it. If I attempt to record, I get this error message:

Missing/HDD/Movie/ No HDD found, or HDD not initialised.

Image Openpli 3.0
    Kernel versie 3.3.0.
    Enigma 2012.06.13

• ok its a HDD( hard disk) not HD ( high definition)
    it sounds like its been recognised but You havent mapped it meaning you havent set it up ..
    YOU should have an option somewhere of setting up your HDD to map it ( to set the correct path to be used)
    or go into wherever you have a DEVICES MANAGER and you should see your HDD, use the arrows to map it to /media/hdd
    (as you use the arrows you should see the various options) then save and reboot the system not just the gui...
    then you should be able to use it.. the same for your usb stick except you need to map it to /media/usb then restart system.
    As far as memory recalls on pli images , they are automatically recognised and mapped when plugged in then restart system....
    but if you unplug the media while using the box then you need to map it all over again...
    try oput some of the things I mention and let us know how you get on

----------------------------

edit ..just read ten´s reply.. ¿¿¿ but its the hdd not mapped not the directory not recognised¿??¿?

• Thanks for the quick replies, I'll need to see if I can put this into practice.

I've had a couple of standard sat tuners this last ten years, but this is my first 'real' box.

What I have seen thus far, I'm pretty impressed.

Again, ta for the assistance.

• As a 59 year old newbie, I need to hold my hand up and say I am getting nowhere.

The room where my box is housed is wifi only, in fact, other than the meter cupboard downstairs, everything is wireless.

Would it be possible to install either/or my usb hard drive/netgear wifi dongle using a smart stick.

Any tutorials a newbie should be reading?

Sorry to be such a pest, but I so want to get this up and running.

• [quote='cazuela','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=57816#post57816']ok its a HDD( hard disk) not HD ( high definition)
    it sounds like its been recognised but You havent mapped it meaning you havent set it up ..
    YOU should have an option somewhere of setting up your HDD to map it ( to set the correct path to be used)
    or go into wherever you have a DEVICES MANAGER and you should see your HDD, use the arrows to map it to /media/hdd
    (as you use the arrows you should see the various options) then save and reboot the system not just the gui...
    then you should be able to use it.. the same for your usb stick except you need to map it to /media/usb then restart system.
    As far as memory recalls on pli images , they are automatically recognised and mapped when plugged in then restart system....
    but if you unplug the media while using the box then you need to map it all over again...

Sorry for the lack of any response, but I've been busy of late and had little time to try things out.

I can't find any device manager, and I've checked in English as well as Dutch (been here in The Netherlands for 30 odd years)

• [quote='cazuela','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=57816#post57816']ok its a HDD( hard disk) not HD ( high definition)

Okay, another quick update.

I decided to take drastic action, so ended up hooked up to the Fritz Box 7390 downstairs, tv and all.

D/loaded a number of plug-ins, one of which then allowed me to change recording paths, via a new entry in the setup.

Back upstairs, and now recording!

One small step.................

WLAN plug-in would not d/load, so am no further forward re network, but will keep plugging away.

Anyone here au fait with Fritzboxes, and possible 'repeater' use?

I use the 7390, which replaced my old 7340, and am sure this could be a way forward.

Thanks for the hints/tips/advice. Any/all suggestions more than welcome.

• I now have the tuners set up to loop through from A to B, allowing timeshifting and recording while watching another channel.

Slowly getting where I hoped to be.

Now need to learn more re wifi and/or 'repeating' via 2nd Fritzbox.

Another update.

As of yet, I still can't get set up for wifi at all.

But, my biggest problem at the moment is that the skin I loaded yesterday doesn't show any menu.

All I see is a greyish background, with most buttons on the remote (front panel also) rendered unusable!

I had to navigate all night by going to the list/merlin epg centre and selecting a channel.

So how do I get round this? New skin via usb?

I was looking at some images, and saw that this xtrend-5.0-et5x00-20120620_usb.zip\et5x00 - ZIP archive, unpacked size 68.353.713 bytes looked at least promising re wifi possibilities?

Would this get me back on track?

Thanks in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!