Zgemma H7C - Latest stable OpenATV image, Deep Standby Clock.

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,360 times. The last Post () by curioustv.

• Hi guys,

I finally bought a Zgemma H7C receiver for my sister at such a good sale, 79,99 Euro, that I bought one for me too!

Also 2 WD Green 480 GB SSD disks for them at only 22,50 Euro each, very good deal I think.

I'm starting to configure the receiver and have some questions, please:

- Which is the OpenATV most stable latest image? I installed one of the latest nightly builds yesterday, I don't remenber

which one was it now, and it crashed, blue text screen, when selecting the About or Info entry in the menu... I don't

know what stable image to install now... I want stability, no problems.

- The receiver will be mostly in Deep Standby mode and I want its front display to show the time, but I see that it doesn't,

so how can I set the display to show the time?

Thanks.

Regards.

• flash last openatv 7.3 , if any issue send crash log
    i have test with my h7 no blue screen

Thanks, I'm going to flash the latest version in a few minutes. The image that gave me that error,

and it did every time I selected the entry 'About OpenATV' was the one with the date 0606 from

2 days ago.

By the way, I tried flashing the image with today's date but couldn't, tried 2 pendrives, 32 GB

Kingstone DataTraveler and a 64 GB Cruzer Blade, but both were not recognized properly,

I guess, the Flash message appeared only for half a second and then the Boot message

again and the receiver booted fine. What's wrong here?

Also, I just tried flashing from the online menu and got an error, not device found... Is this

maybe because I had no USB stick nor SSD disk installed yet and because any of these is

needed to store the image zip file before flashing it? I have just installed the SSD disk and

I'm going to try the online flash again. I hope it works now.

Another thing, I had this disk formatted in NTFS format for testing. Is it OK if I keep it like this

or should I format it to the Linux format as available option in the storage settings menu?

Cheers.

• your box have a very old emmc partition layout flash one time this image
    http://images.mynonpublic.com/…0230608_recovery_emmc.zip

Flash only works with USB, after flash This Image openATV works

Oh... by the way, this box, both, ny sister's too, came with OpenATV 6.1, and with both the wizard

didn't start... I thought every new box would always start with a wizard.

How do I flash this image? USB is the only option? not available online? or could I copy it to the

SSD disk and load it from it in some way?

The only 2 pendrives I have don`t work...

And, after installing it, will I be able to restore my saved settings? and later could I have new future

images without this crashing issue?

Thanks a lot, mate!

• hay gays.

i bought zgemma h7s receiver it has single image open atv 6.1

to flash new multi boot images do as same in discussions or a different way for H7s ?

You have tutorials here, and you can flash the image via online or, with your 6.1 version, from

a local file, 6.1 has this feature in its Flashing options

• formate a chave usb fat-32, image OpenATV 7,3 na raiz do usb em rar, inserir na box, menu, setup, software management, flash online, downloaded images, openatv 7.3

Hi, thanks for the tip. I didn't remember the 'Downloaded images' entry was there because I only

downloaded once so far, but since I din't delete it, it must be there, not on a USB stick but on

the internal SSD I installed, so I'm going to move by FTP this Recovery image there and hopefully

it will be accesible from the list. Will try it later and report back if everything has worked.

A suggestion: these Recovery images should be also available to download from that same menu

links, and maybe with a warning about what they are. Also, it would be great if there was an option

to flash images locally, from disks and USB sticks - I saw that OpenATV version 6.1 has this option.

By the way, will my saved setting be still there when the Recovery image is flashed? I think that

I read somewhere that a Recovery image creates new partions, so this sounds like every data

will be erased. If so, how can I export the settings file/s to a PC or elsewhere? Is this possible?

Or where are they located? I could get them by FTP before flashing the image.

Thanks once more, guys.

• Just gave it a try to this trick copying the Recovery image to the Images folder on the SSD,

but it doesn't show up in the Downloaded images list. Why? maybe because the

downloaded Multi image is noted somewhere in a file? I could rename the Recovery

image with the Mult's name, maybe this could work, or may be risky?

• OK, so I have renamed the Recovery file with the Multi's name but now the entry 'Downloaded Images'

doesm't appear in the list. Undid the renaming and now it is there again. What I thought could happen,

the software seems to look for the size of the file or any other attibute, I guess.

Any workaround for this?

• Issue fixed! Finally I could flash an image to this receiver from a USB stick! Thought that the

problem with the several sticks I tried and none worked could be the formatting, so I

decided to reformat the 32 GB stick with an external program instead of the Windows

utility, so I used DiskGenius Partition Manager, and this software has made the stick

perfectly recognizable by this box, so the Recovery image was flashed fine. What a relief!

I advice everybody not to use the formatting Windows utility and use an external program

like this one.

And regarding the crashes I had when hitting the 'About OpenATV' entry, it doesn't crash

anymore. I hope everything else works fine too from now on.

Thanks everyone who helped me, specially Captain for checking my unit's crash log.

OK, so I have to keep testing the receiver. And, regarding the other question in the title

of this thread, anybody knows how to configure the receiver so it shows the time when

in Deep Standby mode?

Cheers!

• Deep Model = Box is Off, no Time Possible

only in the Standby

Too bad. Most old VHS VCRs kept the time when powered off and some Linux boxes maybe too,

they must have some memory chip, eeprom or whatever to keep the time for a long period of

time even when disconnected from the mains. I read in the manual that in Deep Standby mode

the receiver only consumes less than 1 watt, so I thought this was for keeping the time, but no.

Anyway, displaying the time is not the important thing here, but keeping the time is. And this

brings a problem, not for my personal box, but for my sister's. She would use it mostly to

schedule recordings for next day while at work, so the time is imperative to be correct.

She doesn't have an internet connection at home, so I´ve set the time to be synced with

Transponder. Tried it, terrestrial TV, and it works, though it takes a few seconds to sync

after the box's startup. But I fear the syncing may fail some day, and I see there is no

manual time setting in the setup menu of OpenATV. Just in case it is needed some day,

how could a manual time and date setup be done?

I found a plugin to do this, but a very old version from 2012, enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-dvbtime_0.4-20120528-r0_all.ipk.zip, but it didn't install correctly, and doesn't show up in the

plugins menu, and now I don't know how to remove it from the system.

Please, anyone has an updated version of this that works fine? Or another similar plugin to

set the time and date manually.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!