Major problems with OCTAGON SF8008 and CCCAM, it simply will not connect or allow me to input CCCAM details as it will crash!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,118 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Dear all,

I bought the OCTAGON SF8008 from World of Satellites UK a few days ago. For example, I'm trying to enter C: hostname 14582 user pass  

In the old Technomate TM 5402 receiver I am successfully installing without any problems whatsoever! Unfortunately, when the same details are entered in this OCTAGON SF8008 receiver, it will simply not connect. In fact it will crash and restart using Openvix.

I installed the openvix-6.3.007.release-sf8008_mmc and the CCcam from the Softcam manager. Unfortunately, whatever I do I cannot input the details inside the receiver. This is happening with Openvix and Openatv. I am met with the following 2 screenshots.

9kIGLfzl.jpg
    This is then followed by something like this. lYPZCCil.png

These are screenshots I captured from my browser. Obviously what I am trying to do is input from the settings. But none of these works.
    The plugins appear to be CCcam 2.3.8 and 2.3.9 and there's also one that is only CCcam. Either of these and it fails to let me input any of those details.

Is there anything I am doing wrong? I never ever had these problems with old TM 5402, but of-course that receiver is simple and isn't an enigma2 receiver. This is the first time I am using an Enigma 2 Linux receiver.

I'm on the verge of returning it for a full refund, if I can't find a solution to this problem!

Any help will be greatly appreciated, so much that I am even happy to donate, that's how frustrated I am right now!

• master G

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

You`re not working with a closed firmware anymore, so you cannot enter the details through the menu/settings..

Enigma2 requires you to connect to the box with an FTP tool and enter the details into the CCcam.cfg file that is found in the /etc folder. If there is no CCcam.cfg file in that folder you need to add your own.

• After hours of troubleshooting, I finally got it working! :D Indeed, it was my bad. I kept trying the old school method of activating CCcam from the menu/settings screen not realizing that this was not going to lead me anywhere! It was such a big torture!

I then found out a tutorial, which was obviously my last ditch attempt before giving up!
    I installed Winscp on my PC. Had difficulty logging in it as it would show "access denied" with an empty password. I had to create a password on the receiver with a 0000 and then it allowed me to finally get through.

I also tried initially to insert the ncam.server file outside the /etc/tuxbox/config. This is a mistake!!! The tutorial that I read with the screenshot on step 2 was misguiding as the file was not meant to be outside. That's why it was never connecting.

It has to be inserted inside the ncam plugin folder! Also the CCcam line must be converted to ncam and then inserted inside the ncam.server file! Then it finally worked! After that I simply went to 192.168.1.127 a link that lead me to the ncam address page. From there I could now normally enter new lines.

I then made a second test with oscam and in the same way converted CCcam line to an oscam line and then inserted the file in the Oscam plugin folder.

I was on the verge of giving up and returning the receiver back, which would've been sad! That was quite a lot of depressive troubleshooting! I'm glad I didn't give up. But for most layman this is going to be an impossible task. I don't think even a satellite shop was going to help me with this and even if they did, they would've charged me a hefty price!

Edited once, last by master G: Link to pay server adverts removed. ().

• Hey, I'm glad it is working for you. However, I started lately noticing problems with this Ncam and I wouldn't be surprised that ncam is faulty.

All of a sudden the channels will stop decrypting but the server will display as Connected!

It will show CONNECTED with the cards number in http://192.168.1.127:83/status.html

Yet it will not unscramble anything and even the other server will also stop working despite both being shown as connected as well! Even after waiting for a full hour watching other free to air channels it will not resolve on its own.

The only way it starts working again is if I reboot the receiver! If I simply restart Ncam it will not make a difference. I'm not sure if there is a fault with the receiver or with the Ncam protocol. Because I'm pretty sure the servers are not down as every time rebooting the receiver resolves the issue!

But also, coincidentally I'm starting to notice this behaviour since last week when my BT Smart Hub 2 router got a firmware update

Firmware updated: 27-Jun-2023. The same day 4 hours later I started noticing it, the server will even show in the Info but the picture will remain blank! This happened after 3 hours of watching TV. Everything was fine and out of no where it stopped working while everything shown as connected.

Perhaps I need to test if other protocols are producing the same behaviour. But I can say this is not normal behaviour. Not sure if you are also experiencing this. Also when trying free server trials like dream4ever I cannot disconnect the server by pressing the green Disable power button in the Ncam Readers tab to disable them. It will still remain connected unless I delete them. This is happening with that server only. Others are fine.

Anyway, I need to observe for this problem, because it is causing me some headaches and worries right now.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!