Wireless Bluetooth Dongle DM900 / DM920 not detected

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 468 times. The last Post () by joebloogs.

• When i switch on my DM900 it displays Open TSimage splash screen on bootup, but when i go into menu>information>About> image is shown as OpenPLI gcc-11.1 (build date 2021-10-12)

Anyway i provided the above info just to clarify my setup...my issue is that i recently purchased a Wireless Bluetooth Dongle and installed it inside the box in its suggested correct position.

Problem is, the box has not detected this dongle to promt for a firmware request or anything...i do not know what i am doing wrong...can anyone suggest an idea?

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • Hi
    You need to understand that not all dongles (firmwares and drivers) are supported. If you know the exact chipset of the dongle, maybe you can find the drivers and install manually. You should be able to see it via "dmesg" command.

• Hi
    You need to understand that not all dongles (firmwares and drivers) are supported. If you know the exact chipset of the dongle, maybe you can find the drivers and install manually. You should be able to see it via "dmesg" command.

thank you for your response...just a question tho....according to a simple installation manual i found on the net,

it says once the dongle is installed in position, restart the box and it will detect the dongle and ask for firmware for it..

I had no such response from the box. is this normal?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!