Gibertini 150-IBU twin-scalar ring-testing KU Band @Beli1910

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,208 times. The last Post () by beli1910.

• Interesting project..i had a similar idea. Can you provide the advantages, your results in reception improvements, etc?

Where did you get the scalar ring from? From an existing c band lnb or your own construction? 3d printer?

• The scalar ring is the original from C Band. The Lnb is current even without modifications. Yes, there is quite a bit of improvement in the signal from the satellites on the Clark's path. So far, I have not noticed that I have a worse signal anywhere due to the addition of the ring. I will need more time for a more precise analysis, but I did the test in order to show you that it is possible to add some signal in this combination of lnb and with this antenna. There is no rule that with the same combination on a different antenna you will have improved results. This is just an indication of how much I managed to get a signal by adding a ring. Sometimes the improvements are visible from 0.5db to 1.5db, which is a success for me.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!