EPG different in different screens

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 320 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Hi, can anyone explain why I get different results for EPG in different screens but only for some channels as per BBC 2 below. Happening on both openatv 7.3 and 7.4 on a vu+ solo4k

screen 1 shows pressing ok button returns incorrect epg data

EPG OK button only.jpeg

screen 2 pressing epg button shows it correct at the top but then wrong at the bottom

EPG EPG.jpeg

pressing ok button also shows 2 descriptions

epg ok button.jpeg

• yes, because with my skins, the epgs will be from epg importer.

The infobar epg will show epg importer first and then if available this then gets replaced with the satellite feed epg info.

q-infobar.xml

Code
    <widget source="session.Event_Now" render="RunningText" options="movetype=running,startpoint=0,direction=top,steptime=80,repeat=0,always=0,oneshot=0,startdelay=6000,wrap" position="806,822" size="762,189" font="Regular;33" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="blackglass" valign="top" transparent="1" zPosition="1">
                <convert type="EventName">ExtendedDescription</convert>
    </widget>

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Other options you can have in the info bar.

short description

<convert type="EventName">Description</convert>

short description

<convert type="EventName">ShortDescription</convert>

Extended

<convert type="EventName">ExtendedDescription</convert>

Full
    <convert type="EventName">FullDescription</convert>

• ok I just run a little experiment on this.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Top - description

2nd top - short

3rd - full

4th extended

red - (second infobar or event view) using name="epg_importer"

full and extended seem to show the same

but...

on openatv github the code is this

Code
        elif self.type == self.EXTENDED_DESCRIPTION:
                return self.trimText(event.getExtendedDescription() or event.getShortDescription())
            elif self.type == self.FULL_DESCRIPTION:
                return self.formatDescription(event.getShortDescription(), event.getExtendedDescription())

but... if you wait long enough on the channel, say about 30 seconds.

They all change to the sky epg version

pasted-from-clipboard.png

now this used to happen almost instantly. Why is there such a delay now???

• When I cleared the egg and refreshed egg import then the first time going into bbc 2 it was correct but in a short space of time it changed to what you see. Don't know if this helps.

• just looking a metrix hd code. They use extendeddescription the same as me for infobar.

But as we all know openatv like to faff. So I have answered your question. But I do think something has changed since I last paid any attention to epg data.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!