Install drivers without internet connection

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 935 times. The last Post () by Mirzoni89Pu.

• Hi,

I would appreciate any help on this matter:

I have bought a Redline 802.11 b/g/n 2.4ghZ T-2 wi fi antenna for vuzero because I cannot access LAN connection anymore.

I tested it on another vuzero and it didn't work before I downloaded drivers from OpenATV plugins section. The drivers that are compatible are those for 7601usta and after that it worked and I set it up.

The problem now is how can I take that drivers from vuzero1 with internet to another vuzero2 without LAN connection so I can set up the wi fi antenna there and see if the connection will work over wi fi.

I found some drivers for Linux OS online and downloaded, but it is a tar.bz2 file (photo attached)

My question:

1) can I extract the drivers it from DCC/total commander of vuzero1 to usb and somehow make it ipk and put it on USB stick to upload to vuzero2 (what is the path to find those drivers and which files should I copy)

2) if not, how could I use tar.bz2 file and how to make it ipk file to install via USB stick because I cannot access telnet or DCC without internet (if this is even correct what I downloaded)

3) do you have any better and easier system to find and upload drivers to a non-internet connection E2 box20230730_111605.jpg

Thank you all !

• Official Post

On vuzero1 run the command in telnet to list installed packages opkg list

Find the package name for the driver you need

Download the package as ipk in telnet opkg download package-name (replace package-name with the actual name of the driver you need)

Find the downloaded driver/ipk in /home/root

Copy the driver/ipk to a USB stick

Insert USB stick into vuzero2 and follow on screen instructions to install the ipk

• One little update in case it helps someone...

When I entered telnet on vuzero1 and wrote

opkg list

I got the files only from letters "s to u"

Then I wrote

opkg list *network*

which found me the network drivers

Then I accidentally turned it off from overexcitement (lol) and the search opkg list *network* wouldn't work anymore, but the search

opkg list | grep network

worked fine from which I managed to finally copy the file name in

opkg download file-name

Which gave me the ipk file right where master G said it will be. Thank you again. I hope it will work on vuzero2.

You are all very helpful and polite and hopefully I will now manage to help that older man who asked me for solution and prevent him from buying a new receiver due to network card malfunction. That is also the reason why I didn't want to simply copy the whole setup from vuzero1 to his receiver as he has completely different needs and setup.

Cheers to all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!