Multistream limitations?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,045 times. The last Post () by Barry Goodchild.

• Hello

I need some help with the Octagon/ Openvix interface for multistream.

I am trying to receive the multistream French channels at 5W with an 80/85 cm dish and an Octagon SF8008 receiver. I can receive all the multistream unencrypted channels at 5W, including the Italian channels, with the exception of those with the following technical criteria

12732 V, DVB-S2, 8PSK, 29500, 8/9

PLS Gold, 50416.

The problem is that the Octagon/ Openvix interface will only allow the insertion of either 1 or 2 in the PLS number.

There might be other reasons blocking reception. However, I want to eliminate the PLS number problem first. A blind scan does not recognise any channels at the relevant point.

Does anyone know of a fix? Do other multistream receivers have similar limitations?

Thank you for your help

Barry

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • 12732/ V/ 29500 8/9 mis 6 gold 50416

Hello, here is what I have at home and it works, now, if you have problems with this image, change to Openatv or pure2 or egami which are much better than openvix.....

• On that trasponder my Signal Meter says :

SNR =99%

AGC =83%

BER =0

Tuner A Si 2166D (DVB -S2X)

Trasponder = Default

Satellite = 5.0 W Eutelsat 5 West B

Trasponder =12732 V 29500 8/9 MIS 6 Gold 50416

and the reception is perfect on Octagon SF8008 with OpenATV 7.3 from southern Italy

Edited once, last by Alienato ().

• Hi

I tried OpenATV- no progress.

I updated OpenVix- success.

The signal may prove weak in rain. We will have to see. In addition, I might be able to make Open ATV work with more effort, but for the time being I am happy with OpenVix. The lesson is to download the most up-to-date versions of the operating system.

Many thanks

Barry

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!