Sourcing and translating Epg data chat thread

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,467 times. The last Post () by delboy2024.

• I'll give you a step by step

1 Guide grabber from websites - WG++

A piece of the configuration file for this program.

From which websites for which channels is the EPG collected?

This is where the most important thing is in this configuration.

Code
    xmltv_id="13Ulica.pl"

This must be a unique ID because there are thousands of channels and a whole lot of channels with the same name but targeted at different regions.

Then the EPG Importer plugin requires mapping the channels file, which explains that unique ID data should be assigned to one channel or another.

Excerpt from the sources.file

We also have a sources file pointing to the channels file where each unique ID is assigned to a specific channel by binding the ID to references.

Excerpt from the channels file

Now it's easy when it comes to DVB-Sat, DVB-T and DVB-C channels.

However, for IPTV channels, no regulation specifies that they must have unique references.

RytecTeam, back when there was no DVB-T, came up with the idea that it would be based on the area code for a given country.

And it was very correct and, most importantly, it worked.

Currently, when we have ITU regulations in the field of DVB-T, I personally decided to use the provisions contained in these regulations for each country.

When an IPTV channel has its equivalent in a SAT, terrestrial or cable TV broadcast, I assign it the references given by the operator in these broadcasts.

When there is no equivalent channel in these transmissions, I try to give it references in accordance with the ITU guidelines for DVB-T, but those that will never exist in terrestrial TV. This usually concerns ONID and TSID.

Having the above files, i.e

- looted guide from websites

- sources file with links to this looted guide

- channels file thanks to which the EPG Importer plugin will map the appropriate data from the schedule to a specific channel

Our EPG is much richer than what the operator broadcasts

I really recommend reading at least a little about WG++ and its possibilities.

Of course, you can start grabbing EPG for your channels yourself and, following the above, place your sources and channels files in the EPG Importer plugin directories.

I did this at the very beginning of my adventure with EPG

There is no problem in creating EPG for SAT, DVB-T, DVB-C and IPTV channels, including FAST platforms such as RAKUTEN, PLUTO, PLEX, SAMSUNG PLUS, etc.

OCTAGON SF8008, OATV 7.3, OPLI 9, Black Harmony

Edited once, last by azman26 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!