Sourcing and translating Epg data chat thread

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,464 times. The last Post () by delboy2024.

• There is a good source of open source EPG grabbers here: https://github.com/iptv-org/epg

They maintain a database that maps EPG data to IPTV channels : https://github.com/iptv-org/database

You could ask them if they would let us (the sat community) add service refs to their database.

This way we can generate xml map files that support their grabbers.

They have a huge following, its all open source and I think all working together is better than having separate projects.

I considered asking them myself but opted not to because I don't use engima2 and I don't know exactly what's involved.

If enigma2 was supported I could come up with some way of translating it and adding support for TVHeadend using the API.

• Official Post

Great link,

I Think we had spoken about this at some point ? I didn't realise how complete that site is, looks like you can grab data from all sorts of sites and possibly change language to suit if required? I have not had a chance to try it.....

It is fairly easy to build an xml to map the data (channel name) to your required service reference, for use on e2, for either sat, cable, IPTV, etc etc :thumbs up:

biko

You too may also be interested in the site above, for your own epg project ??

• Thanks @jenseneverest @Chris230291 for sharing the link,

- how to use this kind of script to get xml.gz files on box!

- the 2 link are not updated

Arabic epg what i am interest like

rotana.net ----- 8 months ago

osn.com ----- 8 months ago

mbc.net ----- 8 months ago

elcinema.com ----- 8 months ago

The newest one are

bein.com ------ 3 months ago

We hope to find all new Arabic epg on rytec.sources.xml or something similar

• Great link,

I Think we had spoken about this at some point ? I didn't realise how complete that site is, looks like you can grab data from all sorts of sites and possibly change language to suit if required? I have not had a chance to try it.....

It is fairly easy to build an xml to map the data (channel name) to your required service reference, for use on e2, for either sat, cable, IPTV, etc etc :thumbs up:

Yes this is the one.

There is language selection for sites that support it.

Its important that whatever data is required to create a xml map for enigma2 (service ref?) is incorporated in their database.

The reason for this is that if they decide to change a channel ID or channel name, it is still linked to the data required to make the xml map file.

• The instructions to run the grabbers are on the page I linked.

I imagine for enigma 2 its better to make a plugin which lets you select which guides you want, how many days to grab, how often to run etc.

My experience with e2 is none existent, but you can take a look at a python project I made for PC here: https://github.com/Chris230291/EPG-Monkey

• I would also like to know how to extract satellite data, save EPG.dat and insert to EPG Import (XML). Is there any specific transponder only with EPG information?

I'm asking why, every time the box restarts, the EPG disappears.

Thanks.

Dream Two, h9sSE/h9s/h9 twin, sf8008/sx88/sx88+, Osmini4k, Gt-Media v8UHD/GTC/v9prime/v8xs/m7x/finder2, Amiko SHD 8900, Vu Zero/Zero 4K, Mecool K1/K2/K3, Azamerica s2015, Nazabox Xgame, Koqit K1 mini, TBS 5520se/5925/6922se/6903x, Openbox X5/S9, AZBOX TITAN twin/Premium+/Elite, Rasp Pi/pi3/pi4, t95 max+, Freesky Triplo X, Orange Pi PC, Coolsat 5000, Dm528s, DM800se, Satlink 6933/6960/6932, Mygica S270, Pixelview PlayTV . Motorized 5m - C band(20ºE - 116.8ºW), Motorized 1,80m - KU band

Edited once, last by frankviana ().

• Official Post

I would also like to know how to extract satellite data, save EPG.dat and insert to EPG Import (XML). Is there any specific transponder only with EPG information?

I'm asking why, every time the box restarts, the EPG disappears.

Thanks.

What satellite ? Dose epg importer have a source for it ?

• 70w, but here in South America we have some interesting ku satellites (43w, 61w)...

I don't know source for these satellites. I see only from provider, but I need a way to extract from transponder.

Thanks

Dream Two, h9sSE/h9s/h9 twin, sf8008/sx88/sx88+, Osmini4k, Gt-Media v8UHD/GTC/v9prime/v8xs/m7x/finder2, Amiko SHD 8900, Vu Zero/Zero 4K, Mecool K1/K2/K3, Azamerica s2015, Nazabox Xgame, Koqit K1 mini, TBS 5520se/5925/6922se/6903x, Openbox X5/S9, AZBOX TITAN twin/Premium+/Elite, Rasp Pi/pi3/pi4, t95 max+, Freesky Triplo X, Orange Pi PC, Coolsat 5000, Dm528s, DM800se, Satlink 6933/6960/6932, Mygica S270, Pixelview PlayTV . Motorized 5m - C band(20ºE - 116.8ºW), Motorized 1,80m - KU band

Edited once, last by frankviana ().

• Official Post

okay had a bit of time to mess tonight, just with iptv-org so far, it works great, i will try epg monkey when i next get the time thx Chris230291

biko

Someone is going to have to provide the data, perhaps even host the data somewhere for download for the general public users to be able to add as a source to epgimporter plugin. Perhaps doglover could add the data to the plugin if it proves reliable.

The main issue is getting data, i have attached what i grabbed off of the bein site, it only took 8 minutes to download, would probably be faster on a dedicated machine.

The point is, it is 2 days epg data in arabic, look and see if it is correct ? You may need to use other sites to get your full channel list, and really 7 days epg is required if you want to record things a few days ahead.

So you have the data, the only other thing required is a channel.xml with the correct service reference, to marry the data to its correct channel. Those files will both need maintaining by someone willing to spend the time doing so (or automated the process with clever scripts and cron jobs )

Both the data file and channel file are then used by epgimporter to download and pharse the epg to our e2 boxes.

frankviana

You could try to download the EPG data off the satellite, using dvbsnoop like the original poster has done, *(assuming it is even possible)

But then you would need to clean that data before it was useable, you would have the same problem as the original poster has got.

you would also have to store it somewhere to download from (this could be the STB hdd if it is only for yourself)

So you to may be interested in seeing what you can get from the github links above.

Is epg for the required channels available on IPTV?? if yes then it is easier to use others data, and build a channel.xml to suit

• We're getting a bit off topic and my question.

With the help of EPG Importer and additionally supporting plugins EPG Grabber by Ziko or Jedi EPG Xtream by Kiddac

which will create the appropriate channels and sources files for you to use in the EPG Importer plugin.

Anyway, everything in E2 is based on this one perfectly working EPG Importer plugin.

You can also add your own sources prepared in an external WG++ program

My question concerned how to obtain EIT from the TS (transport Stream) stream (i.e. EPG broadcast by the operator in a specific DVB standard) when there is no other possibility to obtain this EPG, either on websites presenting a guide or other portals with guides for channels.

--------------------

From what I have recently learned, VTI is said to have its own SmartEPGvu+ which allows you to choose from which source a specific channel is to obtain EPG.

It's like you indicate 10 channels that take EPG from EIT and other 200 channels get EPG from EPG Import plugin which has a guide from external sources.

I don't know how it works because I don't have any VU+ to check it, much less it works in PY2

---------------------------------------

1_0_1_3DD2_640_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906190049.jpg1_0_1_3E20_2EE0_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906234735.jpg

1_0_1_3DD2_640_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906190121.jpg1_0_1_3DD2_640_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906190049.jpg1_0_1_3E20_2EE0_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906235245.jpg1_0_1_3E20_2EE0_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906235231.jpg1_0_1_3E20_2EE0_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906235204.jpg1_0_1_3E20_2EE0_13E_820000_0_0_0_20230906235712.jpg

OCTAGON SF8008, OATV 7.3, OPLI 9, Black Harmony

Edited 4 times, last by azman26 ().

• From what I have recently learned, VTI is said to have its own SmartEPGvu+ which allows you to choose from which source a specific channel is to obtain EPG.

It's like you indicate 10 channels that take EPG from EIT and other 200 channels get EPG from EPG Import plugin which has a guide from external sources.

I don't know how it works because I don't have any VU+ to check it, much less it works in PY2

Are talking about how to engaged epg with channel !!

or you talk about how to get updated xml sources

i am look for updated source for arabic channel provide xml to use with EPG Grabber like WG++ program do by easy way to user

about relate iptv channel by epg it about reference AJPanel provide that if that your ask !

• Official Post

Indeed azman26 you are correct, some of this is going off topic of your thread title.

However, You will find very few people interested in providing EPG data, even less are willing to help.

While we have some interest in the thread i shall leave it as is, if someone posts a solution to clean your dvbsnoop data i will remove the irrelevant post from this thread to a separate thread. Your method of downloading off the satellite feed is IMO still the best solution, that is the data the official STB would use.....

those VOD channels are not likely to be on any sites. BUT that is provided you know what to do with that data after.

Sorry i have zero time for VTI - it is a totally rubbish image.

• biko

Currently, I am the creator of EPG for all Polish channels (SAT, DVB-T, IPTV, Rakuten TV).

All plugins such as EPG Grabber by Ziko, Jedi EPG Xtream or Radio Times Emulator are ultimately based on the creation of files required by EPG Importer.

These plugins are quite useful and thanks to the developers for creating and maintaining them, they are very useful.

RytecTeam creates EPGs mostly for selected EU countries and thanks to these additional plugins we also have EPGs for the Middle East of Russia, Ukraine or Asia and CA and the USA.

Each of these plugins creates channels files with unique IDs and a sources file with a lead to a file where the entire EPG for a given operator or satellite position or terrestrial TV or IPTV broadcaster is raked.

To sum up, having these few plugins, and in particular you need to have EPG Importer, you can get EPG for many regions.

I started by creating EPG for IPTV channels from Poland because it was not in RytecTeam sources. I created my own channels and sources file pointing to the data raked with WG++.

Ultimately, it ended up with my friend @doglower from the same team asking me to take over and continue creating EPGs for Polish channels.

I took over his work, developed it a bit and it seems to me that I updated it by adding ratings of events from IMDB and the local Polish portal on movies and series, which is FimWeb.

I also work with another group that creates EPG but only for android applications and possibly for KODI.

There are slightly different rules for E2 because in order to parse EPG for channels you need to use the channels file in which the ID of a given channel is assigned to specific references, be it sat or dvb-t.

For Kodi and android apps, just enter the ID itself, even in several variants, and the app will match the EPG to the name of the channel you have.

It's not that simple in E2.

You grab the guide from the website that presents it and at this stage you need to establish a unique ID.

You get an xml file with these unique IDs and now that Enigma2 knows what to assign to whom from these tens of thousands of events, you need to create a channels file which explains to the E2 parser that the AXN.PL ID is to be associated with the AXN channel which has references like this 1:0: 1:C25:1E78:71:820000:0:0:0

• Sorry for post after post.

Gentlemen, if you want, in a separate thread about EPG al over the world, I can prepare you a step by step that will allow you to obtain EPG from most official sources existing on the web.

And if someone is willing, I will help in obtaining your own EPG for channels from your region, as long as they are not in the sources or plugins I mentioned.

My question was how to get EPG for channels for which no website shows us the schedule.

By setting the channel in the receiver, we get TS in which there are data for the entire trnsponder, including EPG in the EIT tables for the current channel and channels from this transponder and even other channels of the given satellite platform, e.g. sky, nc+, nova.

By logging these data, we sometimes even get a guide for the entire sat platform.

In E2 we have sewn in the epgcasch system which reads the entire EIT provided by the currently selected transponder and converts it to the EPG.dat file

• Great to know about that, good job and project what you do :thumbs up:

RytecTeam Unfortunately not provide EPGs for the Middle East as i mention on post #12

i think because no real and updated site provide that, we hope to find any way to fulfill that

sorry to talk out of your topic

• biko

Indicate which platform operators do not have EPG and on which websites their schedule is presented.

I will search the WG++ forum and try to prepare the necessary files for someone to start creating an EPG for this or that region.

Due to the fact that I am a licensed user of the WG++ software, I can always ask the WG++ team to prepare files that will allow you to grab the guide from the indicated portal presenting as many channels from your region as possible.

And back to the topic.

How to get the EPG from the EIT tables sent via this stream from a given TS.

At the moment I am logging EIT now/next but unfortunately for all channels broadcast from a given transponder.

In DVBsnoop I have already used parameters such as sections, filters, masks.

Unfortunately, I have too little knowledge and it did not bring me the intended results.

The goal is that I log EIT / EPG for channels from a given transponder, all the channels I am interested in for which there is no guide in the network are on this one transponder.

I set the read and dump parameters and have everything saved in a txt file.

Unfortunately, I only have now/next event and not, as presented by the event operator, for 12-14 hours.

Either I'm making a mistake in the DVBsnoop commands or something else I don't know how to log this EIT table for at least 12h

Then crone and curl and export to ftp and then downloading this file and processing in the WG++ program and as a result I can provide EPG for channels that this guide is not on any website on the web.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited once, last by azman26 ().

• The way I would do it is have the grabbers installed and run locally on each users device.

This way users can decide which sites to grab, how many days to grab and how often.

Not only would users get more customisation, but also no one would need to host anything.

Basically build something like what I built (EPG-Monkey), but as an e2 plugin.

Its not the end of the world if we couldn't persuade the iptv-org team to incorporate service refs in their database.

But an externally hosted file would need even more maintaining because the iptv-org team did/do like to change channel names and channel ids.

So not only would we need to maintain service refs, but also the channel edits they make.

If they gave us the go ahead we could even see about creating a GitHub action on their repo that automatically generates the xml file whenever the database is updated.

I know people like Doglover have a forum thread to report issues and fixes but the system the iptv-org team have on GitHub is so much better.

If you try to make a new issue on their GitHub you will see what I mean.

And of course there are pull requests on GitHub.

Edit: I asked the question here: https://github.com/iptv-org/database/issues/4953 Go show support :)

• Can this be of any help ?

If you have AJPanel on Enigma2 device:

1- Select the option "Services/Channels".

2- Select "Export Services to "channels.xml"".

3- Select a bouquet from the list.

This will generate an xml file (for all the channels in the bouquet) with the exact format in your question at: https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv-org.github.io/issues/1421

• Yes maybe.

It seems like the option you found might make it easy to get service ID's by channel names?

What we need is a new column in this csv where we can list service references for each channel ID.

Then generating a xml file that links their channel ID's to sat services is really easy.

• Official Post

Tbh with E2, channel names are only relavent to the actual data you using.

That data is then pharsed to the service reff of the channel (this is unique for each and every channel)

In other word's it's possible to apply the wrong /right data to any service reference.

Thats why when they change reference you can get the wrong data. I have a script somewhere that can build the channel xml directly from the lamedb.

The biggest issue is the actual data (if not provided elsewhere)

My personal interest would be to have English epg for all the sats I use..... It now looks possible with some effort.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!