Dreambox One UltraHD - Setup Info

There are 19 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,494 times. The last Post () by Offtensive.

• Hi,

I am a bit confused with this box and I don't want to mess anything up.

What's recommend to with this box on first use? I have read a few threads on here, and I saw one that said the official site has been taken down with all the firmware.

Is it recommend to use the DreamOs software that's loaded on the box or should I install an E2 image like OpenAtv?

The plug-ins I generally use are ABM, Oscam_Icam, and Jedimaker.

Thanks

• abu baniaz

Changed the title of the thread from “Setup Info” to “Dreambox One UltraHD - Setup Info”.
  • I have dream one for about one month and still use it with aio image + gp 4.2 without gutemine plugin. since I dont have enough experiences with the box yet, I didnot try to install one of those open images, you should be careful when preparing multiboot or installing those non dreamos images

• I am using OpenPLi 8.xstar, OpenATV 7.3 and OpenBH no problem on the DreamOne and DreamTwo

You just have to be careful with Gutemine addons/plugins, as these are only for DMM images, and could fail dramatically (Intention/wish of the author) with Open images.

TS

• Thanks for that

In terms of the plugins like oscam, abm etc., is it the same scenario as in for traditional e2 boxes where the image doesn't really matter. Or do these plugins perform better on DMM images? or vice-versa?

Thanks

• The software is the same (oscam), so it will perform on the same way. On OpenPLi it's compiled with the sources directly in the image, so it's fully adapted to the image and not built with some other dependecies, and you have to "fit it" to the image.

TS

• Thank you for the prompt reply. I will have a play with this box in the coming days. I will first have a go with the stock images.

Is there anything that I need to be aware of? Like if I change the image, then I would not be able to revert it back. (The background behind that is that as the stock images are no longer available on the official site, I am just being a bit cautious that I do not do something that is irreversible).

• Is there anything that I need to be aware of

While flashing via the browser, from DreamOS firmware to an Open source image or vise versa, uncheck the box "Restore settings after flashing".

The settings for these images are incompatible and the flash process will fail.

Exactly, never keep the settings... just set them up at every image. it's better and more cautious to do it that way.

You have as well tools such as DreamSet, or DreamboxEdit, for the channel lists, and copy the configurations of oscam, all other settings just take few seconds to configure via the GUI (video port, language and LNBs).

TS

• Super, can I copy oscam configs and abm custom mix files from my old e2 box?

Yes, just the config folder in tuxbox, and your oscam will act exactly same.

DreamSet/DreamboxEdit for the channel settings.

And you can use FTP tool, I personally use WinSCP (that has FTP protocol), easy and it's like a "Norton commander"...

TS

• Is there any form of auto bouquets maker for the image that comes with the box?

Also, I have been getting the green screen of death when trying to create IPTV bouquets with Jedi Maker - is that one for the dedicated Jedi Maker thread?

• if using gutemine feeds 3 malicious software - you can't use jedimakerxtream

Gutemine deletes needed files.

Either reflash your box without gutemine and use what ever plugins you like

or use his feed software only. Your choice.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!